Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

52 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This cool mornings feel nice though. I don’t mind it.

Problem is it cools off the pools, ponds, and the Ocean temps big time, which kinda kills the summer vibe. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Problem is it cools off the pools, ponds, and the Ocean temps big time, which kinda kills the summer vibe. 

Meh we swim until late September. Lots of warm sunny even hot dewy days to come but we definitely back broke.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With rain and storms this afternoon? Ok then 

More coc than you can handle. Just have to get through another tough day of increasing clouds and a 30% chance of massive tenth an of inch shower.
Buckle up… 

Today
Isolated showers, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 76. West wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. 
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 55. Northwest wind around 8 mph. 
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 79. Northwest wind around 8 mph. 
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 59. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. 
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 82. North wind 3 to 6 mph. 
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Calm wind. 
Thursday
A chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I need an Aurora alert. Next time call me Don.

I saw reports about something happening in the higher latitudes on Twitter so I put the camera out just in case. Walked outside to collect the camera and it was absolutely perfect timing. Looked up and could immediately see pillars and light. Will definitely hit you up if anything like this happens again I think it was a surprise to many. 

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It was mostly overcast in Bangor.  :fulltilt:

Back in May while the whole planet was experiencing the lights I was in MD for travel…and it was overcast. :axe: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WinterSnow said:

I thought people would be more sensible about what is chilly when I moved up here, but I've been proven wrong. People here talk like 60s are chilly, just like people in the South. :wacko: (I understand that highs in the 60s in August are very bizarrely cool, but to say that they're chilly? :wacko2: What is this, Florida?)

60s highs in August here are either wet or follow lows in the 40s.  45 would be chilly now, quite mild in January.

Aurora + Perseids + full overcast = the usual.  We had clear skies in April and May for the 2 best phenomena of all, but we're about 0-for-6 on recent lunar eclipses.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With rain and storms this afternoon? Ok then 

I just can't with you. Exceptional morning is what I wrote.  Will take full Advantage of 8 hrs of full sun. The late afternoon clouds and sprinkles don't take away from how cocadoodledewlessness it is right now. Enjoy the present 

• Like 2