Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I can’t figure out the multiple water spouts?  But it’s been going around today so assume it’s legit.

Meanwhile this was taken by 1-91 by Lyndonville.  Its on the internet so it must be legit.

1b108fcb37237dfe4974e91c14c693d5

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, klw said:

Meanwhile this was taken by 1-91 by Lyndonville.  Its on the internet so it must be legit.

1b108fcb37237dfe4974e91c14c693d5

The Champlain Sea has expanded into the NE Kingdom. Nice. It’s all going according to plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The best kind of summer. 6wks of torcher but now we close it out in style. 

And then we bring back in style in too right around Christmas as the days start getting longer again. Enjoy the coc while it lasts. :D

Dews will be back at some point, but they’re lower through next week and that pushes us out to after mid month. Climo quickly starts dropping your odds of 75+ and days and days of 70+. But don’t worry, it will still be warm with plenty of torch days through fall.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Dews will be back at some point, but they’re lower through next week and that pushes us out to after mid month. Climo quickly starts dropping your odds of 75+ and days and days of 70+. But don’t worry, it will still be warm with plenty of torch days through fall.

They’ve ended summer . Silly 

I haven’t seen one post mention autumn or fall…. except for every single one of DIT’s.

It feels like every time someone says, “Might be a nice stretch of warm weather but low dews”… one person reads it as “Time to get your boiler it’s annual inspection, highs in the 40s coming.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

Augusts have changed over the course of my life.  I remember as a child getting poked in bare feet trying to run through the back yard, because the grass dried out in August and turned beige.   It would be more dry and with still lingering warm temperatures. 

Higher DPs seems like it's crept into the anticipation over the years.   If we end up in one of those Bahaman stream line flow deals like yesterday... yeah that would happen from time to time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

2.81" storm total in the stratus. Power was out for a couple hours last night too.

wow that’s a crazy amount of rain. Got a little more than an inch down here, and I’m ok with that. Don’t need the deluge

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It feels like every time someone says, “Might be a nice stretch of warm weather but low dews”… one person reads it as “Time to get your boiler it’s annual inspection, highs in the 40s coming.”

That's DIT to a T

• Confused 1