Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You hate summer and dews so much you are blinded . Summer doesn’t end on Aug 9 in a very warm to hot North America. Canada is furnaced next week and beyond. . There is a lot of heat and dews to go. Well into Septorcher 

I love summer I just like some breaks from the brutal humidity. I have a pool and like to go to the beach especially in late August for my annual Rhode Island trip . So I’m not happy about the extended forecast, I hope we trend this warmer and more humid around the 20th. But I do enjoy some breaks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I love summer I just like some breaks from the brutal humidity. I have a pool and like to go to the beach especially in late August for my annual Rhode Island trip . So I’m not happy about the extended forecast, I hope we trend this warmer and more humid around the 20th. But I do enjoy some breaks.

Where in RI. Nothing beats warm sunny days with low humidity at the beach. Absolutely stunning when the air is clear. Who wants muggy crap at the beach. Flies bugs like humidity like DT

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Where in RI. Nothing beats warm sunny days with low humidity at the beach. Absolutely stunning when the air is clear. Who wants muggy crap at the beach. Flies bugs like humidity like DT

Ya not too humid. Change it up between staying with family in Charlestown or we stay in Misquamicut sometimes during the week when it’s quiet . 

Received about an inch and a half last night.

Of course the early rain overperformed.

The initial warm
air/moisture advection and associated anticyclonic jet over
southern Canada has over produced rainfall amounts across
portions of northern/central VT this morning. Radar and obs
indicate an axis of 1.0 to 1.5" with localized amounts near 2.0"
already from eastern Addison County into the MPV/Barre area
toward St Jay. Already noted a 3.5 foot rise on the Mad at
Moretown this morning. Elsewhere, rainfall has generally been
under an inch.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You hate summer and dews so much you are blinded . Summer doesn’t end on Aug 9 in a very warm to hot North America. Canada is furnaced next week and beyond. . There is a lot of heat and dews to go. Well into Septorcher 

People are talking like Augdewst isn't the second hottest month or something. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The bite isn't as strong after mid August even when it does get hot. Can't beat a weakening sun angle

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

This may be the most humidity I've ever seen in this area. Got home and all my mirrors were fogged. That's never happened before.

last year I had a DP here of 80 on two separate occasions.

it's 78/76 at the moment  ... but yeah, right up there.

we were 64/63 at dawn but as expected, warm frontal surging 

getting single pixel down pours.  30 seconds of water boarding rain rates then nothing

• Like 3