Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We did 53F here off a normal low of 54F and folks around town this morning sound like we just had a frost :lol:.

When you tell them this is a “normal” morning in August they seem like they can’t compute it.  “Isn’t normal like 65F at night?”

About the same low here - average is 76/55.  On the 11th the average temp drops (fractionally) below 65, ending the 5-week plateau in which the average is within 1° of the summer's warmest.  Now the averages' slide becomes more noticeable.  Yesterday's 69/55 was 3.4° BN; by month's end that would be +1.

but where's the 90s and dews that some were saying were roaring back last week

More like purring.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think second.  The Linda Lindas play a small set.  
looking forward to Rancid and SP.  not a huge Green Day fan (the wife is)

Wish I knew you were going earlier we could have met up for a beer. Also more of a smashing pumpkins fan than Green Day. Although I must say they put on a great show.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

This may have already been discussed, but are we threatening any record low maxes today?

I don't know, but this is the first time I'm in long pants since some time in early May.  I knew it was a crappy day because I normally awake around 530, and today I didn't open my eyes till 8. 

62F now.  Damp/wet/miserable.  Looks like no sun for anyone south of I90 today.  

• Like 1

It's kind of an ugly pattern out there, huh.  Sky aside though, the temperatures today are amazing!

There's not enough impetus from that Canada to Maritime synopsis to really push the boundary S and clear us out. Meanwhile, WAR imposes ...

this is causing a stationary cloud/ instability pooling that's wrung out for rain but is just sitting around now.   So we wait on a trough amplitude to settle into the serm-permanent Cleveland nadir which pulls the the remnant smear of Debra N ...wee.  exciting.  

I guess if we can boot-leg a couple of BN days out of this mess it's a nice reprieve from our new southern NJ summers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Perfect day up here.  72/57 few Cu. 

A couple of days ago I made a time-lapse of a thunderstorm that hit our area.  The storm came in very quickly and it was fun to see the shelf cloud just overhead.

Some rotation at 17 to 19 seconds on the far left?

26 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not that anyone needs to this said but ... not likely to last.   But more so than just that, every global indicator there's a definition for is signaling warmth for mid month. 

Of course, the heat will never be done in early August, especially southern New England/New York. We also can’t have back to school without a few heat cancellations to start the year in late August/early September. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not that anyone needs to this said but ... not likely to last.   But more so than just that, every global indicator there's a definition for is signaling warmth for mid month. 

After about the 25th the dew furnace returns. And early Septorcher looks brutal out to week 4+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You sure  are. Had Debbie out to sea.. no rain north of south coast last night and no breaks in dews . Ouch bruh 

Just lick your wounds and move on. Scooter knows and always knows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You had posts like “ She gone” to Deb when we said too early to rule anything out. Yesterday you said wouldn’t be much if any rain north of south coast last night … ooof 

Beer? Anyways deep tropical summer looks over on guidance. 

• Like 2