Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

BDL is the main climo site for "Hartford area".

No shit.  Oh k....

so "HFD" on the climo site is actually BDL ?   

yeah, I guess - just like Logan represents the temperature for "Boston".   got it

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's 15 minutes N at 70 mph, ninny. 

That's like 16 miles and plenty enough distant to be quantified or qualified apart considering all the nuances that go into validating temperatures

It’s considered one of the big 4 and to my knowledge the official climo site of Hartford.

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah HFD is Brainard Field . It’s its own site . It always has been and noone ever considers them the same lol. Or uses HFD stats . 

Some of the historical record is Brainard.

image.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is bonkers.  Yard is an instant lake.

4”/hr and a very fast inch so far.  Dog is so freaked out by the constant thunder she won’t eat dinner and is under the bed.  Thinks the world is ending.

animated.gif

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

animated.gif

We definitely took the meat of that.

I’m along the country club and river, my neighbor’s is the station 1.11”.  The Stowe CoCoRAHS guy has the 0.66”.  Wonder if his is slow to update or the bulk lifted just north of the true village center.

That was a gully washer.  Add another inch to the summer total.

IMG_0413.jpeg.466871bb7e358e4fa6c180c5c925eb9e.jpeg

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think I entered it as the summit’s lat/long.

Ah the summit is well west of there on the zig-zag county line…. SW of the M in Morristown where the reflectivities got hung up.  The Mtn icon looks like center of town.

Either way, east of Barre looks to be getting dumped on in that loop.  Stalled cell ahead of the line.

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Looks like some Metallica fans are going to get wet

Going to the smashing pumpkins and Green Day on Wednesday. Predicted high is only 73 and mid-60s during the show. That's going to be a shock to the system.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Going to the smashing pumpkins and Green Day on Wednesday. Predicted high is only 73 and mid-60s during the show. That's going to be a shock to the system.

We went to the Sea Dog brewery on our way through Bangor today and caught their sound check! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It truly is wild how little rain it takes right now to blow out every little creek.  Flash flood guidance is low and it’s real.  Water table is so high.

Dealt with that earlier in the year. My trails would almost be dry . A quick inch and it would be a quagmire.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ah the summit is well west of there on the zig-zag county line…. SW of the M in Morristown where the reflectivities got hung up.  The Mtn icon looks like center of town.

Either way, east of Barre looks to be getting dumped on in that loop.  Stalled cell ahead of the line.

I can confirm that we did. Lots of lightening too. Almost an inch. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Congrats to me.  First real thunderstorm of the season.  Lots of lightning no wind   .70" and still going

66/63  feels nice and cool

Dew is 64F here and the lowest it’s been in August so far.  Yeah, it’s only the 4th day of the month, but before today the lowest dew was 66F over the past several days. Most of it spent 70-73F.

It’s actually impressive how different a dew point of 64 feels compared to low-70s.  Normal summer feel vs the tropics.

Our average low is 55F and has been for a bit.   We haven’t gotten below 65F in 6 days.  Finished July at +4.9 and starting August off at +11.

• Like 3