Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

19 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

I’ll have to pull up the data when I’m back home but i recall some early - mid sept 30s IIRC in 2020? 

Yeah 2020 around the equinox. 3 straight record lows for CON in the 20s. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

My man. Yep a nice night because we don’t radiate. 

It was cool on the coast today with low dews over the water. No tanning for me today.

Based on that view you’re in the North End area?

Yeah staying in North End, not far from the Garden.  My in-laws have never been to Boston oddly enough, so quick trip then onto Woodstock, CT for the weekend.

I always have liked the North End… easy walk to almost everything too.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah 2020 around the equinox. 3 straight record lows for CON in the 20s. 

Our frost pocket lows Sept 19-22, 2020:  29, 25, 25, 26. 
June 1 that year hit 27 and Farmington co-op had the same reading.  It tied with 6/9/56 for that co-op's coldest June morning, POR 1893-2022.

Date of first frost the past 3 years:
2021:  Oct 24,  It was latest by 18 days at that time and only the 2nd non-Sept date.
2022:  Sept 30,  tied for 4th latest
2023:  Oct 13,  new #2 latest, 3rd in Oct

Low chance here for frost next Tues/Wed mornings.  If not then, I wonder if we tarry into October once again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah staying in North End, not far from the Garden.  My in-laws have never been to Boston oddly enough, so quick trip then onto Woodstock, CT for the weekend.

I always have liked the North End… easy walk to almost everything too.

Oh man the north end just had the feasts too. I believe there is another one this weekend. So many good places to eat.

https://northendregionalreview.com/2024/06/20/annual-san-gennaro-feast-returns-to-the-north-end/amp/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Where you take them to eat?

We just found some place around Faneuil Hall… Oyster House or something to sit out on the street.

I’m out looking for a lobster roll for lunch, ha.

Chamber weather in the city.  If you need to walk around the urban zone, this is the weather for it.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We just found some place around Faneuil Hall… Oyster House or something to sit out on the street.

Chamber weather in the city.  If you need to walk around the urban zone, this is the weather for it.

Oyster Bar? They have lobster rolls

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Seaport area has amazing restaurants and can walk there, but lots of money. They have a nice walkway in and out of the old wharfs there. Great for a stroll. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh man the north end just had the feasts too. I believe there is another one this weekend. So many good places to eat.

https://northendregionalreview.com/2024/06/20/annual-san-gennaro-feast-returns-to-the-north-end/amp/

Yeah they have feasts all the time. It draws people. Most of the time it's a few folks walking down the street.

14 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yeah they have feasts all the time. It draws people. Most of the time it's a few folks walking down the street.

The feasts are crowded. I go to at least one every summer. I find the North End crowded in summer. It's got such a great vibe. One of the few great Italian neighborhoods left in the country.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The feasts are crowded. I go to at least one every summer. I find the North End crowded in summer. It's got such a great vibe. One of the few great Italian neighborhoods left in the country.

Those narrow streets packed with Italian restaurants and eateries are quite a vibe.  I dig it.  Got the Freedom Trail snaking through too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Definitely has a nice vibe.

• Weenie 1