• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

I’ll toss a dew of 96° but I think the heat index equation starts to run a little wild with readings that high. Kinda like how the old wind chill formula would exponentially drop with extreme cold and wind when in reality your body can only lose so much heat. 

• Like 1

i love how a broad band speed, and ping test, demonstrates zero lag and/or connectivity issues, respectively, to any site in the www, yet when attempting to connect to tropical tidbits i'm getting this

You are currently offline, or your network connection is having trouble, and we are unable to show you the page you requested.

it's a free site so it is what it is but there are other aspects about tt that are operationally weird. when doing cross guidance analysis, the site defaults to latest releases, no matter what,  which throws off the interval comparison between them when in case usage.   pivotal for example doesn't do this and is thus a superior product.   and it also doesn't put a comm problem that is clearly his, back in your lap

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

yeah... at least if this over the top high pressure is going to cheat summer (suggestive in the fact that the hydrostatic heights are still above 564 dm!) merely enabling cool weather enthusiasts into thinking they're winning in that tick-for-tat back and forth pointless pass-time,  i'm certainly glad that it is at least sunny up here along along rt 2.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I’ll toss a dew of 96° but I think the heat index equation starts to run a little wild with readings that high. Kinda like how the old wind chill formula would exponentially drop with extreme cold and wind when in reality your body can only lose so much heat. 

I liked the old WCI - it allowed me to brag about -101 the morning of Jan 18, 1982 in Fort Kent, -34 with wind 35 mph.  With the new table it would be a measly -72.  Or going into the woods 20 miles west of Ashland on Jan 14, 1988 with CAR reporting -20 and WCI -85 (only about -55 with the new).  At Portage Lake that morning the temp was -32 and the wind gauge hovered about 30.  Can't brag as much now, other than MWN's -109 (new table) in Feb 2023; took -44 with wind 147 to accomplish that.

Upper 40s this morning, maybe make a run at 40 tonight?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

3km is more widespread, 12km confined to extreme SWCT. Most of the HI RES models do show the potential for a rainy day. 

what am I missing?  Looks like almost nothing.  RGEM also dry

1725148800-ioU9N99UMAE.png

• Like 1

wow... top 1 hour, if not day, out there.  

picturesque island cumulus set before an abyss of cobalt blue are not enough to prevent solar penetrating warmth immediately upon exposure.   74/53.  no wind amid an ambience of probably the purest air this planet can create ...

31 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I'm enjoying the break from running the AC and paying these crazy rates to UI....

my window units have set dormant - still in the sills ... cuz i'm procrastinating - since the end of july, a time when my new mini split/compressor tech came on-line.   it's awesome.  runs nearly silent and chills the main living area or where ever in mere moments, even when it's like 89/74 outside, using very low electric power.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

my window units have set dormant - still in the sills ... cuz i'm procrastinating - since the end of july, a time when my new mini split/compressor tech came on-line.   it's awesome.  runs nearly silent and chills the main living area or where ever in mere moments, even when it's like 89/74 outside, using very low electric power.

Yeah I have a mini in my home office which is over the garage and not connected to the main central air for the house.  It's a good solution and better than noisy/ugly window units...