Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nah. Maybe that was a thing in 1990s…

Our schools are open today. I have issues with how they handle snow days sometimes but they generally do a good job with HH days. 

Business as usual here. Usually takes a few days of heat for them to call an early D...   Still have about 1/2 of the schools in town without AC...ridiculous for 2024

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nah. Maybe that was a thing in 1990s…

Our schools are open today. I have issues with how they handle snow days sometimes but they generally do a good job with HH days. 

Some places do that.  Wednesdays or some such as half days for students. 
my daughter’s district does that a few times per month. 
pain for the parents IMHO 

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Some places do that.  Wednesdays or some such as half days for students. 
my daughter’s district does that a few times per month. 
pain for the parents IMHO 

Wow never heard of that.   Not sure what the benefit is?  There's a PD day here once a month but that's it.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian5671 said:

Wow never heard of that.   Not sure what the benefit is?  There's a PD day here once a month but that's it.

Teacher workshops. We had those frequently on Wednesdays when I was a kid.

Just now, Brian5671 said:

From K-12 in West Hartford we had a 1/2 day every Wednesday in West Hartford. Not sure if this is 100% correct but I think the premise was for teachers meetings and district meetings. There may have been other reasons too. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

From K-12 in West Hartford we had a 1/2 day every Wednesday in West Hartford. Not sure if this is 100% correct but I think the premise was for teachers meetings and district meetings. There may have been other reasons too. 

Every?

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Every?

yup...was every Wednesday. I think that ended up changing though not too long after I graduated (2006). It is possible though maybe my junior or senior year it went to every other Wednesday but I forget :lol:. I know the district made some big changes soon after I graduated, one of them was going to block scheduling or something. 

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yup...was every Wednesday. I think that ended up changing though not too long after I graduated (2006). It is possible though maybe my junior or senior year it went to every other Wednesday but I forget :lol:. I know the district made some big changes soon after I graduated, one of them was going to block scheduling or something. 

my sons have block schedules now...it's brutal-4 long periods a day classes only meet every other day now

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Brother's daughter/my niece goes to public school here in Bethlehem.  Every Wednesday is a half day.  No one know why, or for what.  If you drive by on Wednesday about 20 minutes after the kids depart on the buses, 90% of the teachers are also leaving.  The cumulative economic costs to the families and society cannot be overstated.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

Brother's daughter/my niece goes to public school here in Bethlehem.  Every Wednesday is a half day.  No one know why, or for what.  If you drive by on Wednesday about 20 minutes after the kids depart on the buses, 90% of the teachers are also leaving.  The cumulative economic costs to the families and society cannot be overstated.  

Some towns also close down business after a half day on Wednesday. I worked in Webster 20 years ago and I had never heard of a town shutting for a half day, must be for a break halfway through the work week to refresh, not sure if schools closed too but I think they did.

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

Business as usual here. Usually takes a few days of heat for them to call an early D...   Still have about 1/2 of the schools in town without AC...ridiculous for 2024

Yea no reason not to have it these days. Weed tax revenue should provide that funding.

44 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

I'm at 900 feet and I hit 85.2 at 3:30. High dew today was 79.7.

they had that at 11:30 am tho or something way earlier than everywhere else, the closest of which at the time was 84

• Like 1
  • Confused 1