Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
August 2024 General Discussion

1 hour ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

1.62” 24 hour rain total. 
0.37” after midnight to start August. 

Getting robbed my way. Rain was moving in yesterday, and it all collapsed, and I ended up with gusty winds for about hr. Felt good tho, as it was muggy. Now this morning. getting the N fringes of some showers from LP moving through. Back to seasonable wx next week 75/55 with low dews. :) A.M.'s are going to feel chilly after this run of muggy, warm wx.

50 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Getting robbed my way. Rain was moving in yesterday, and it all collapsed, and I ended up with gusty winds for about hr. Felt good tho, as it was muggy. Now this morning. getting the N fringes of some showers from LP moving through. Back to seasonable wx next week 75/55 with low dews. :) A.M.'s are going to feel chilly after this run of muggy, warm wx.

Wet morning here with more on/off showers. Temps sitting at 68, feels like a whole different season today. 

• Like 1

It's starting to get very frustrating as we enter another neutral ENSO during the wrong time of the year.  Here in the Midwest we've had a cooler than normal Summer only for it to flip during the fall/Winter and average above average with La Nina.  It's been since the 2013-2014 that this has been the case.  Here's your shitty Winter Forecast, early and for free.  

8 hours ago, Brian D said:

Looking for temps in the upper 80's today, but with lower dews, thankfully. Same for tomorrow. Then seasonable wx returns. :) 

Low 90's this afternoon with dews in the mid 50's to around 60. Hot, but bearable.

The 4.19" of rain since midnight (eastern standard time) currently ranks this as the 8th wettest day on record in the Akron area since 1896. Radar shows more heavy showers and thunderstorms slowly pushing into the area, so additional rainfall is likely.

image.png.2c0493ae8201ddb4c0c9265012524114.png

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

High of 70 today felt much nicer than the 80's of recent.  Hints of fall are popping up here in the north land.

752016182_thumbnail(18).thumb.jpg.71646e9bf167792b99de69ef112dab71.jpg

I noticed on the bike ride yesterday that the early corn is starting to mature in the bottom quarter of the stalks. Always a bad sign that cooler temps are in the future.

• Like 1