LGA: 102 (2006)
JFK: 98 (1975)

Lows:

EWR: 53 (1940)
NYC: 57 (1875)
LGA: 59 (1953)
JFK: 59 (1985)

Historical:

1954 - Severe thunderstorms produced golf ball size hail for thirty minutes in north central Kansas. One drift measured 200 feet long, seventy feet wide and three feet deep. (The Weather Channel)

1975 - Record heat gripped New England. Highs of 104 degrees at Providence, RI, and 107 degrees at Chester and New Bedford, MA, established state records. The heat along the coast of Maine was unprecedented, with afternoon highs of 101 degrees at Bar Harbor and 104 degrees at Jonesboro. (The Weather Channel)

1985: A strong and sudden wind gusts cause a plane crash at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport in Texas that kills 135 people. The rapid and unexpected formation of a supercell, an incredibly powerful form of a thunderstorm, led to the tragedy. 

1987 - Hot weather continued in the central U.S. Fifteen cities reported record high temperatures for the date, including Concordia KS with a reading of 106 degrees, and Downtown Kansas City, MO, with a high of 105 degrees. Evening thunderstorms produced severe weather in the Ohio Valley and the north central U.S. Thunder- storms in South Dakota produced wind gusts to 70 mph at Philip, and hail two inches in diameter at Faulkton. (Storm Data) (The National Weather Summary)

1988 - Searing heat continued from the Middle and Upper Mississippi Valley to the Middle and Northern Atlantic Coast States. Twenty- six cities reported record high temperatures for the date. Chicago IL reported a record seven days of 100 degree heat for the year. (The National Weather Summary)

1989 - Low pressure representing the remains of Hurricane Chantal deluged north central Texas with heavy rain. Up to 6.50 inches drenched Stephens County, and Wichita Falls reported 2.22 inches of rain in just one hour. Bismarck, ND, reported a record warm morning low of 75 degrees, and record hot afternoon high of 101 degrees, and evening thunderstorms in North Dakota produced wind gusts to 78 mph at Lakota. Early evening thunderstorms in Florida produced high winds which downed trees at Christmas. (Storm Data) (The National Weather Summary)

5 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yes @winterwx21will be happy though probably less than half an inch

Nothing down in Atlantic City, but see I got a quarter inch here. Pretty meh but at least it was just enough to water the garden for the first time in quite a awhile. I see other parts of Piscataway got closer to a half inch. The heaviest missed me just a few miles to the south and east.

I hope tomorrow's potential event is more impressive. I see from radar estimates that a lot of north-central NJ didn't do well today. The very significant amounts were well up in northern NJ. 

4 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Over .75 here! 

Nice. I've noticed that has been a theme this summer with your area getting heavier amounts than mine. We haven't done very well overall, but when we have gotten storms the heaviest has missed me just a few miles to the south. It hasn't worked out well being in the extreme northern part of the County. I hope we can get a more widespread event where everyone does well. We had that one nice line that hit almost everyone a few weeks ago, but other than that it has been very hit or miss this summer with the heavy rain. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Nothing down in Atlantic City, but see I got a quarter inch here. Pretty meh but at least it was just enough to water the garden for the first time in quite a awhile. I see other parts of Piscataway got closer to a half inch. The heaviest missed me just a few miles to the south and east.

I hope tomorrow's potential event is more impressive. I see from radar estimates that a lot of north-central NJ didn't do well today. The very significant amounts were well up in northern NJ. 

It really intensified right over us and east. Tomorrow could be good too

• Like 1

Just now, Stormlover74 said:

It really intensified right over us and east. Tomorrow could be good too

Yeah just a shade too late for my location. That has happened several times this summer, but at least I got a quarter inch. That's a start. 

2 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

lol...the models the past 3 weeks all had rainy weeks and none have come to fruition

Yesterday a lot of places picked up nearly an inch or more. Now we're getting tropical influences too. 

Ensembles are extremely wet for 1st half of August. It's going to rain a lot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yesterday a lot of places picked up nearly an inch or more. Now we're getting tropical influences too. 

Ensembles are extremely wet for 1st half of August. It's going to rain a lot. 

all you peeps said the same thing for 3 weeks...no doubt there is a shot for more rain than  we had yet its no certainty how Debbie will interact here

I remember when the models showed heat for this week then backed off into the 80s with several thundestorm chances and then all of a sudden I hit 99 and 100 and now going to probably end up with my longest heatwave of the season which will be 9 or 10 days through Mon/Tues

today Saturday was expected to be mostly cloudy and stormy...yet its beautiful clear sunny skies and will be that way for much of the day with storms not hitting til after 6 if at all. Wouldnt be surprised to put up another plus 95 to my tally

i also received about .05 here yesterday and have had about .10 the past 3 weeks. 

I just disagree with alot of the absolute terms thrown around here, its as if people never learn