• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

4 minutes ago, EWR757 said:

Hillsborough, NJ (Duke Farms) reached 100 degrees today.

KSMQ reached 99 F after a rainshower around lunchtime.

Yeah, sun came back within minutes of the few drips of rain we had around lunch. I only topped out at 98, but wouldn't surprise me with a few spots at 100. Especially if they missed that shower.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Radar looks very blah

Areas affected...parts of the Mid Atlantic

Concerning...Severe potential...Watch possible

Valid 021945Z - 022045Z

Probability of Watch Issuance...40 percent

SUMMARY...An intensifying cluster of thunderstorms over northeast MD and eastern PA may pose a risk for isolated damaging gusts this afternoon. A WW is uncertain though convective trends will continue to be monitored.

DISCUSSION...As of 1940 UTC, regional radar imagery showed scattered thunderstorms ongoing over parts of the Mid Atlantic. Over the last hour, a cluster near the MD/PA border has slowly intensified with a notable increase in lightning and reflectively. Likely supported by subtle ascent from a passing shortwave and remnant convective outflows, 1500-2500 J/kg of MLCAPE will likely continue to support strong updraft development/maintenance. Vertical shear is quite limited with flow generally less than 25 kt. Storm intensity will likely remain tied to forward propagation along advancing outflow with this cluster. The moderate buoyancy and large water loading will likely support a isolated stronger downdrafts with low-end potential for 50-60 mph gusts. Storms should track east/northeast through the afternoon across parts of eastern PA into NJ. Storm organization appears quite limited.

26 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

Yeah, definitely something. Not what it was looking like an hour ago though.

I'm fine with nothing, softball at 6:30

Maybe it will make it so the infield dirt isn't concrete haha

Just getting clipped by the heavy stuff this round, that tracks from here to further north.  Raining hard with rumbling thunder and some wind kicked up before.
Up to 0.4".  I have to work the Sussex County Fair tonight, starting at 7, so it looks like this batch will be out by then.