• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

43 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yup, unless we get some type of 20-21 miracle that nobody saw coming 

At least last winter was an example of how we can get lucky and get a decent amount of snow in a very warm winter. Our area in Central Jersey got over 20 inches of snow. Not bad. Hopefully we can pull that off again if we have another very warm winter. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

At least last winter was an example of how we can get lucky and get a decent amount of snow in a very warm winter. Our area in Central Jersey got over 20 inches of snow. Not bad. Hopefully we can pull that off again if we have another very warm winter. 

Yup, I was 1" below average.  Plus, I'm loving the group think of a bad winter.  Group think rarely pans out.    

• Like 1

Next week looks spectacular. A decent cool shot to start the week, but I also don't think the week overall is looking as cool as it did a couple days ago. I think we quickly moderate back to low 80s for mid to late week. Near normal temps will feel great with low humidity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

I ended with about 15” here. Given our 30 year average here in the mid 30s per winter, anything below 20” I’d consider an F. Until the Pacific pattern meaningfully changes we have to significantly beat the odds to get even an average snow winter. Temps well above average are just about given. Maybe we can time a relaxation of the PAC jet for a snow event or two. Or buy a cabin in MT/the Dakotas where there’s actually still winter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Yup, unless we get some type of 20-21 miracle that nobody saw coming 

Gee it's not even Labor Day lol..BTW I see the first sign of colors on the trees the last few days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I ended with about 15” here. Given our 30 year average here in the mid 30s per winter, anything below 20” I’d consider an F. Until the Pacific pattern meaningfully changes we have to significantly beat the odds to get even an average snow winter. Temps well above average are just about given. Maybe we can time a relaxation of the PAC jet for a snow event or two. Or buy a cabin in MT/the Dakotas where there’s actually still winter. 

I think we will get a decent winter..I mean how many bad winters can you get it a row?..There's a reason for  averages.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, WX-PA said:

I think we will get a decent winter..I mean how many bad winters can you get it a row?..There's a reason for  averages.

It's always possible, but unlikely until we see this nightmare of a Pacific Jet end.  Again, I wish that NJ would make weather gambling legal...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

I got 14 inches last winter ( 8 inches from the narrow band ) 

3 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

One thing I hate is useless cold. If it won’t snow I’d like it mild. Cold/windy and dry patterns are the worst. 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Heat Indexes around 100 or low 100s for most with DP's in the low 70s. Hopefully this is the last really hot day here until next summer. 

I’m not ready for the cold, even if it’s largely muted and transient nowadays.

• Like 1

First 95° of the season for JFK.

THE KENNEDY NY CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR AUGUST 28 2024...
VALID TODAY AS OF 0400 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1991 TO 2020
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1948 TO 2024

WEATHER ITEM   OBSERVED TIME   RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST      
                VALUE   (LST)  VALUE       VALUE  FROM      YEAR     
                                                  NORMAL           
TEMPERATURE (F)                                                          
 TODAY                                                               
  MAXIMUM         95    227 PM  98    1948  81     14       74       
  MINIMUM         72   1249 AM  53    1986  66      6       67       
  AVERAGE         84                        74     10       71