• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

First time in August since 2012 that the CT Shoreline dropped to 55° or lower as the surrounding sites did.

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/timeseries?site=kbdr

Time Series Summary for Bridgeport Area, CT (ThreadEx) - Month of Aug
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
2024 55 11
2023 59 0
2022 60 0
2021 60 0
2020 59 0
2019 57 0
2018 59 0
2017 58 0
2016 59 0
2015 60 0
2014 58 0
2013 56 0
2012 55 0
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

My upstairs always stays stuffy.  Still needed the window fan to draw in the cool air

Yeah it only got down to 72 in my house despite the low temp of 52 here. As Dark Star said, there's some heat that gets trapped and lingers in the house for awhile when you have the first cool shot outside.

It was nice not having to use the AC though. Of course we'll be back to regular AC use again with the warm pattern settling back in for the weekend and beyond. We might hit 90 here on Sunday. At least upper 80s, and I think there's a good chance we'll hit low 90s late next week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah it only got down to 72 in my house despite the low temp of 52 here. As Dark Star said, there's some heat that gets trapped and lingers in the house for awhile when you have the first cool shot outside.

It was nice not having to use the AC though. Of course we'll be back to regular AC use again with the warm pattern settling back in for the weekend and beyond. We might hot 90 here on Sunday. At least upper 80s, and I think there's a good chance we'll hit low 90s late next week. 

It's an old house with an uninsulated attic so that doesn't help

And yeah I think we'll have a hot stretch upcoming. But dry at least

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah but it's kinda weak. I need one of those whole house fans

The old homes hold the heat upstairs in the summer and the cold in the winter. My central air runs constantly on hot days because the upstairs never makes temperature 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

My upstairs always stays stuffy.  Still needed the window fan to draw in the cool air

Wish I had a whole house fan.  Those things draw in cooler air in a heartbeat.

Just now, Dark Star said:

Wish I had a whole house fan.  Those things draw in cooler air in a heartbeat.

My old house had one.  We used it all time.  It was amazing.  I lived in a split level and the upstairs would roast if we didn't use it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FPizz said:

My old house had one.  We used it all time.  It was amazing.  I lived in a split level and the upstairs would roast if we didn't use it.  

We have one here-it's great for those nights you just need to pull in some cool air vs turning on the central air.   Downside is that I'm sure alot of heat escapes through it in the winter as it's metal and certainly has some leaks on the edges.  We have a blanket we put over it in the attic to help with that.

• Like 1