• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Getting absolutely crushed here. Cannot even describe it. Relentless lightning. 4.5”

If you told me 3 hours ago the heaviest stuff was yet to come I would say your nuts. But here we are. I just witnessed multiple close CTG strikes. Back to 2”+ hour rates too. Going to be major basement flooding again. 

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Seeing 9.5” pixels around S Setauket/Nicolls Rd area along 347. That area in N Central Suffolk might rival what happened in CT so far. 

Port Jeff is definitely underwater.

up to 5.06” here. High end event

weve had 2.71”’ in the last 90 minutes 

Insane how whenever it tries to nudge N a little it keeps getting pushed NE again along the same axis. Someone around that Rt 347 area will likely end with 12”. Reminds me of what the Aug 2011 flooding was like in Long Beach pre-Irene and not far below Aug 2014. 

One of the craziest weather days in years. Heavy rain just about all morning then long lasting multiple thunderstorms this evening, even now at almost 2am with plenty of lightning flashes and thunder. I don't know much in the rain bucket but has to be in the 4-5" range.

Edit: and now the rain is getting heavy again after a brief break.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

6.05” storm event

3.70” in the last 2 hours 

back edge here, probably add another 0.25” but won’t get to 7”

I have 3” or so, pretty heavy now but looks about to end. Insane and terrible situation happening from just S of you on East. Approaching 11” around St James and still getting annihilated. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I have 3” or so, pretty heavy now but looks about to end. Insane and terrible situation happening from just S of you on East. Approaching 11” around St James and still getting annihilated. 

Already got p to 8.08 “ in northern Smithtown - half since midnight. Thank god area is hilly but there will be giant lakes in flood  prone spots. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bkviking said:

Already got p to 8.08 “ in northern Smithtown - half since midnight. Thank god area is hilly but there will be giant lakes in flood  prone spots. 

Yep I can imagine around the Nissequogue must be a disaster. Some 11.5” pixels between 25A and all of Rt 347. Thankfully the rain is finally pushing east but this will be really bad. 

• Like 1