• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

24 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Not sure how this is calculated but EWR, PHL, TTN, New brnswck all above th average # 90 degree days through AUg 3

well this is showing below average rainfall and then add it in with the well above average 90 degree days and you see how dry things can get. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

well this is showing below average rainfall and then add it in with the well above average 90 degree days and you see how dry things can get. 

My bad i read that as 90 degree day departures.  Lets look at that map Aug 11th

Here it was just moderate rain for a few minutes with that small cell. Not enough to give things much of a watering, but I got enough rain yesterday that I won't have to water today or tomorrow. Then with what looks likely Tuesday through Saturday, we probably won't have to water for quite awhile. It'll be quite a change from all the watering that was needed the last several weeks. 

Attached shows WPC slipping the max axis a little southeast   Probably no thread from me today on this. Will rearview early Monday. 

Also about 0.55" in 30 minutes here in this part of Wantage NJ (Sussex County of the northwest part of the state and still thundering) through 159PM (now) and still raining.  

Screen Shot 2024-08-04 at 1.53.29 PM.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Attached shows WPC slipping the max axis a little southeast   Probably no thread from me today on this. Will rearview early Monday. 

Also about 0.55" in 30 minutes here in this part of Wantage NJ (Sussex County of the northwest part of the state and still thundering) through 159PM (now) and still raining.  

Screen Shot 2024-08-04 at 1.53.29 PM.png

I did se the 12z/ec op and its juicy all the way up to I90 but for now... think I'll wait on a thread so as not to too put too much emphasis on what may be coming to a portion of the NYC subforum, at least til I can more confidently express as per this mornings post,  regarding the potential for damaging flooding.  

• Like 2

August isn’t looking hot as it was modeled a few weeks ago. Still very humid but also very wet. Starting to think we have passed the point of sustained heat. Could be a torch to end the month. Never bet against heat. Still looks above normal overall. 

4 hours ago, SACRUS said:

Certainly for the next 10 days f not till next year once we get passed Monday.   2006 had the deluges and still had heat and you wonder if that western furnace comes east after mid month.  We'll need a 3 week period to dry out.  

The only way we can get cooler temperatures these days during the summer is through plenty of rain. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The only way we can get cooler temperatures these days during the summer is through plenty of rain. 

How sadly true bw. Its a shame such a formula rarely, if ever, seems to work for us during the cold season. Stay well and dry. As always…..

10 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Nice line developing

I hear the thunder and a very dark sky to the north. It's gonna go right over Plainfield, but I'm gonna be right on the southern edge of it here. Hopefully I'll get into it. Getting windy here now too.