• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

The storm is winding down now.  Pretty wild.  No miss here today and the cell was severe warned. Some hail damage to our garden and flowers, and a lot of smaller branches and leaves scattered about from the hail and gusty winds.  Several close bolts of lightening, and 0.7" of rain, including 0.52" in about 7 minutes.

Hail was marble size.  That magenta colored hail core when right over us, and lasted about five minutes.  I would have taken a picture of the accumulation but it was too dangerous to run outside with all the lightening.  

hail damage.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Picard said:

Unbelievable storm here.  Hail, wind, CTG lightening, will keep you updated.

Areas NW, N and NE of me are getting crushed per radar.  Just some distant thunder here and occasional big drop of rain.  Just on the edge of things.

WPC is very robust with totals next 7 days.  Don't see an outlook this this that often.  That is a widespread area of 5".  Details still TBD but some serious flooding from the SE U.S. up into the NE is on the table.  Totals on some guidance of GA and SC are off the charts.

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 2.36.31 PM.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Picard said:

The storm is winding down now.  Pretty wild.  No miss here today and the cell was severe warned. Some hail damage to our garden and flowers, and a lot of smaller branches and leaves scattered about from the hail and gusty winds.  Several close bolts of lightening, and 0.7" of rain, including 0.52" in about 7 minutes.

Hail was marble size.  That magenta colored hail core when right over us, and lasted about five minutes.  I would have taken a picture of the accumulation but it was too dangerous to run outside with all the lightening.  

hail damage.jpg

Healthy looking plants there.  That basil or mint off to the left?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Healthy looking plants there.  That basil or mint off to the left?

It's actually celosia that I just picked up to dry for small arrangements, as it's excellent for that purpose if you clip the flower stalks early enough, and it lasts years.  Although dummy me left it out in that storm so now I don't know.  The plant I pictured is one of our best ones, as I've been having general issues this year with a lot of plants probably weather related and operator error.  It should be fine, although will have holes in many of the leaves as a souvenir of today's storm.  
Our morning glory is probably shot - the leaves are pretty fragile, and our two tomato plants are caput.  I was getting annoyed with the morning glory anyway because it's throwing vines everywhere but not a single flower.
And with that it's storming here again.  Although not nearly like earlier.

• Like 1