• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

84 / 74 sunny.  Scattered storms again later this pm but hot and humid ahead of any storms low- mid 90s in the hot spots.  Sun (8/4) showers and clouds should keep it below 90 (break the heatwave) if its more clear then the warm spot get to another 90.  Mon (8/5) driest and hottest day of the next 10 mid - upper 90s.   Tue (8/6) - Sat (8/10) storm chances and onshore flow influences from the remnants of what should be Debby  Fri/Sat could produce some heavy rains the typical dry to deluge scenario.   Heat looks toreturn around mid month as ridge west expands east north and west initially. 

8/3 - 8/5:  Hot/ humid -storm chances
8/6 - 8/10 : Humid - wet to very wet - near normal - no 90s likely
8/11 - 8/14 : near normal overall warming by mid month with next heat signal

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Very rare to get an all day washout this time of year.  Spoke to 2 people at work yesterday who said "it's supposed to rain all weekend"   Ummm no.   90% of the time is rain free.

Exactly. Even though we've had a lot of cloudy days with no rain unless we're getting something tropical it usually isn't going to rain all day this time of year 

3 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

As long as it doesn't get stuck down south this could deliver some serious tropical rains up here

Ensembles are very wet for us

The heaviest rain would be where a front can set up west of the storm to focus the tropical moisture. Historically 90% of the time it happens in NJ/Hudson Valley. But a week away really anything can happen-could still get booted out.

• Like 1

I hope we do well today or tonight. The models look pretty good. Hopefully the heavy downpours will be a little more widespread than they were yesterday. Really could use significant rain ... it has been a few weeks since since I've gotten even just a half inch of rain here. I know it's looking encouraging for the week too, especially late week with potential heavy rain from Debbie. Hopefully this dry pattern is about to be busted. 

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

I hope we do well today or tonight. The models look pretty good. Hopefully the heavy downpours will be a little more widespread than they were yesterday. Really could use significant rain ... it has been a few weeks since since I've gotten even just a half inch of rain here. I know it's looking encouraging for the week too, especially late week with potential heavy rain from Debbie. Hopefully this dry pattern is about to be busted. 

We always swing the other way after a period of dry weather. My guess is by labor day we'll be begging for a break

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winterwarlock said:

lol...the models the past 3 weeks all had rainy weeks and none have come to fruition

I hear your frustration since CNJ has been a localized dry spot. But model output especially when convection is involved isn’t generally able to do INMBY forecasts. It can provide a heavy rain signal for someone in the region which has been working out. But unfortunately the technology can’t pinpoint whether Somerset or Sussex jackpots like we saw yesterday. So the 2.60” jackpot was to your north. 

Wantage NJ 2024-08-02 SafetyNet 84 68     94 60 29.97 29.81 2.60 27

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

Pretty much the same as yesterday.  Just have to look at models real quick & can see it.  I expect the same remnant storms here in E Nassau around 8pm.

Our real chance east of Queens will be when some kind of a front can focus the storms and push them east before the marine air can kill them off. That might be on Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

I hear your frustration since CNJ has been a localized dry spot. But model output especially when convection is involved isn’t generally able to do INMBY forecasts. It can provide a heavy rain signal for someone in the region which has been working out. But unfortunately the technology can’t pinpoint whether Somerset or Sussex jackpots like we saw yesterday. So the 2.60” jackpot was to your north. 

Wantage NJ 2024-08-02 SafetyNet 84 68     94 60 29.97 29.81 2.60 27

At some point it'll even and tip back wetter than normal looks like this week Tue - Sat cold do it.

51 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Totals from last 24 hours.  Nothing excessive across the area and locations along and north of Rt. 80 did best.  The area along and just south of Rt. 78 didn't do great but more chances coming up later today, tonight and tomorrow.  Hang in there!

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 10.31.43 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 10.32.25 AM.jpg

1.09 west side of river, .09 across the way

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yep already 88 here. The heat pit in Commack east of me is already in the low 90s. 

Yea 91 here. Commack sits in a valley and is relatively built up in the area where I live. Surrounded on all sides by hills of 200-300 feet. 

• Like 1