• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Mid to upper 90s for the usual warm spots in NJ to start the month. Even the North Shore of Long Island from Huntington to Commack can really warm up before the sea breeze arrives. 

IMG_0680.thumb.png.6f24b34f8eafe59a47ebff501aac027d.png

IMG_0679.thumb.png.453ad53db81b96af4a47ab2cfdff37eb.png

• Like 2

86 / 71/   Clear and driest /hottest day of the next week - 10 days. Mid - upper 90s in the warm spots, one of the hotter starts to Aug in a while.  Ridge west and trough slowly approaching from the west this weekend will bring daily showers / storms chances , clouds and some sun will push temps to near / low 90s.   Rain/storms focus Fri night to Sat (8/3) and Mon (8/4).   Caught between two ridges Western and Atlantic - Debby (if forms) meanders near FL/ SE coast.  Overall warm /hot and humid with continued storm chances beyond Tuesday keeping heat limited.  Beyond there mid month warmup as ridge builds east.

8/1 - 8/5 : Hot / humid/ storm chances
8/6 - 8/13 :  Limited heat - watch Debby, could be continued wet/stormy
8/14 - beyond :  Overall warmer - heat building back in

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, steve392 said:

I'm really hating this summer and its heat&humidity.  These "heat advisories" just keep getting extended by a day every day.  

Gets old.  Hate to wish away summer but I'm looking forward to some cooler weather come September

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Gets old.  Hate to wish away summer but I'm looking forward to some cooler weather come September

Same here but I get the feeling it will be more of the same.   An above normal and swampy month.  Most likely with above normal precipitation.

Not to say we don't get some crisp overnights as we get to later in the month. 

2 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

I don't remember the last time I saw rain. I think it was 2 weeks ago

Lawns are starting to burn out again here after the very dry July, similar to what happened at the end of May. Then we got just enough rain in June for things to green up again. We'll have to see if we get enough rain for lawns to green back up here in early August, similar to what happened in June. I know rain chances are supposed to increase over the next week, but I'll believe it when I see it. We've had such bad luck.