• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Tropical Cyclone Tornado Outbreak: Beryl

Looks like two main regimes, embedded tornadic circulations closer to the NE inner core and more discrete cells farther away east across Louisiana. And there’s the main convective arc near the LA/TX, but I think winds are more veered with southward extent.

This was the earlier tornado near Powhatan/Natchitoches:

final.jpg

• Like 2

There were over 100 tornado warnings yesterday. It looks like it was one of the most active days of this year, one of the more active July days on record and it will probably rank high on the list in terms of tropical cyclone tornado outbreaks. 

Chasing those things is hard. I intercepted at least three other tight circulations and had virtually not discernible visual on them. I got lucky with that tornado near Natchitoches occurred over flat terrain. Otherwise, there were too many terrain obstructions.

I’ll share more info once we get surveys and summaries of the overall event. 

20 hours ago, Quincy said:

Numerous tornadoes today across far eastern Texas and Louisiana. I chased this tornado a short time ago and more may be on the way. 

Great catch for a TC chase. The dry air aloft that interfered with Beryl's redevelopment in the Gulf definitely helped these things yesterday and the hodographs were quite favorable for long lived/cyclic supercells.