• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Medium/ Long Range

49 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Know the western burbs are in trouble when we need the WB 18Z ICON to verify over the 18Z EURO inside 4 days for some decent rain.

IMG_3638.png

IMG_3641.png

Either way we loose out here in the Valley, I could probably do okay on the ICON since I'm near the western slopes... I might legitimately make it to 2 full months with 1.25 total.. Combined with this heat, wonder if the Shenandoah River could actually become a mere creek this summer or at least set  all time records for low stream flow..

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

Know the western burbs are in trouble when we need the WB 18Z ICON to verify over the 18Z EURO inside 4 days for some decent rain.

IMG_3638.png

IMG_3641.png

Yeah if we bust west of 95, then we are in deep trouble with this drought. I don’t know how much more of this my trees and garden can take.

55 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Either way we loose out here in the Valley, I could probably do okay on the ICON since I'm near the western slopes... I might legitimately make it to 2 full months with 1.25 total.. Combined with this heat, wonder if the Shenandoah River could actually become a mere creek this summer or at least set  all time records for low stream flow..

I think the Park Service has banned all fishing in the Shenandoah due to low water levels and high temperatures.

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

Brutal cutoff remains for weekend moisture WB 18Z EURO.

IMG_3642.png

Brutally awful for the Valley,  upcoming miss on top of the miss this afternoon on top of basically every miss since middle of May... I would probably get some of the upslope in my yard from the spill over onto the western slopes which would be nice... 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

GFS looks better for metro areas.

Good deal. Need this to back well to the west for all of our comforts and to get the Frederick and Loudon crews into the rain. Wish we could will it far enough west for the I-81 crew but that may be asking too much...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Good deal. Need this to back well to the west for all of our comforts and to get the Frederick and Loudon crews into the rain. Wish we could will it far enough west for the I-81 crew but that may be asking too much...

It’s not really better but more realistic than the ridiculous cutoff it showed on earlier runs.

• Thanks 1

One would surmise that SE VA up to the Northern Neck of VA would see the most (2-4 inches). Along and just west of 95 should get a good soaking (1-2). Once you get into the western piedmont-maybe up to an inch or so. It will be interesting to watch how this all plays out tomorrow.

The pattern from the last few days of July, through the 1st week of August is one where temps bust warmer than forecasted. 18z GEFS has a very strong +EPO during this time, it may even snow in northern Alaska. That is hot, hot down here. I know I'm sort of saying the same thing in the last few posts, but the +epo may last through Aug 10th, which is very atypical.. 

On 7/20/2024 at 2:49 AM, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Hot pattern returns last few days of July and into the 1st week of August, per 00z GFS ensembles.. +EPO/+NAO building after about July 27.. could get really hot.

Yea we might run at 100 again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2