• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Obs 2024

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Someone who can post pictures needs to take a screenshot of total accumulated rain for wake county right now if you want to know where my house is 

I mean TBF, a lot of the county did get the split. But I feel your pain 

Screenshot_2024-07-18-19-08-14-142.jpg

7 hours ago, cbmclean said:

What app do you use to show accumulations like this?

RadarScope. Best radar app you can get.

We picked up 0.21” from that rotting line last night so we were not blanked. Happy for areas south and east of here where the severe drought area got drenched. Hopefully the upcoming week extinguishes the drought for the region

• Like 1

I’ve been receiving mainly moderate rain from several thunderstorms over the last ~90 minutes. The CTG lightning is currently rather frequent with it causing a power blink a few minutes ago. No wind to speak of. Typical summer storms.

Picked up another .81" this afternoon with more storms forming to my southwest and heading my way. 

Edit: Just picked up another .96" giving me 1.86" for the day and 7.77" for the month.

• Like 1

My total June rain was 0.14”. By far the driest month in the my 25 years at this location.  For July only 0.74”.  To say it is dry here is quite an understatement.  Interestingly, this week I have been under 3 areal flood watches, one flood warning and one severe thunderstorm warning.  There has been heavy rain slightly to my west, east, north and south. By slightly I mean the red echos on  Radar Scope touched the outside of the blue ring that shows your location several times during the course of the week..

One plus though. I last mowed my yard on June 10.

• Sad 2

For 2nd evening in a row and over last hour, my area is getting good rainfall from a series of thunderstorms. Heavier rates of rain today though yesterday’s still gave me ~1” due to long duration of moderate. 

• Like 1

Further to the above post (also the lightning including nearby CTG strikes just now has become frequent):

FLOOD ADVISORY  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC  
818 PM EDT SAT JUL 20 2024  

GAC051-210215-  
/O.NEW.KCHS.FA.Y.0047.240721T0018Z-240721T0215Z/  
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/  
CHATHAM GA-  
818 PM EDT SAT JUL 20 2024  

..FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1015 PM EDT THIS EVENING  

* WHAT...FLOODING CAUSED BY EXCESSIVE RAINFALL IS EXPECTED.  

* WHERE...A PORTION OF SOUTHEAST GEORGIA, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING   
  COUNTY, CHATHAM.  

* WHEN...UNTIL 1015 PM EDT.  

* IMPACTS...MINOR FLOODING IN LOW-LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS.   

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...  
  - AT 816 PM EDT, DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAIN DUE TO  
    THUNDERSTORMS. MINOR FLOODING IS ONGOING OR EXPECTED TO BEGIN  
    SHORTLY IN THE ADVISORY AREA. UP TO 1.5 INCHES OF RAIN HAVE  
    FALLEN.  
  - ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE EXPECTED  
    OVER THE AREA. THIS ADDITIONAL RAIN WILL RESULT IN MINOR  
    FLOODING, ESPECIALLY WITHIN DOWNTOWN SAVANNAH.

2 hours ago, gtg947h said:

We've had some impressive thunder tonight, though both yesterday and today we somehow skirted right between the heaviest storms.

The rainfall here has really been adding up quickly. Related to this:

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  
838 PM EDT SAT JUL 20 2024  

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON  

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.  

..REMARKS..  

0835 PM FLOOD 1 W SAVANNAH 32.05N 81.10W  
07/20/2024 CHATHAM GA PUBLIC  

TRAFFIC MAPS REPORTED SEVERAL FLOODED ROADWAYS ACROSS  
THE SAVANNAH METRO AREA DUE TO HEAVY RAINFALL.

———————

913 PM EDT SAT JUL 20 2024  

..REMARKS.. 

0912 PM FLOOD SAVANNAH 32.05N 81.08W  
07/20/2024 CHATHAM GA 911 CALL CENTER  

MULTIPLE VEHICLES STUCK IN FLOOD WATERS ON EAST VICTORY  
DRIVE.

—————

941 PM EDT SAT JUL 20 2024  

..REMARKS..  

0905 PM FLOOD SAVANNAH 32.05N 81.08W  
07/20/2024 CHATHAM GA EMERGENCY MNGR  

REPORTS OF VEHICLES STALLED IN FLOOD WATERS NEAR THE  
600 BLOCK OF EAST HENRY STREET. ADDITIONAL FLOODING NEAR  
THE INTERSECTION OF ATLANTIC AND E. 41 STREET, E. 56  
STREET AND HABERSHAM STREET.
————————————

*Edit: It finally slackened to mainly light rain, which is still continuing, at ~9PM and nearby lightning appears to done. Looks like I got 2”+.

6 hours ago, jburns said:

My total June rain was 0.14”. By far the driest month in the my 25 years at this location.  For July only 0.74”.  To say it is dry here is quite an understatement.  Interestingly, this week I have been under 3 areal flood watches, one flood warning and one severe thunderstorm warning.  There has been heavy rain slightly to my west, east, north and south. By slightly I mean the red echos on  Radar Scope touched the outside of the blue ring that shows your location several times during the course of the week..

Maybe I should have made my post last month.  After being just missed by what looked on radar as a serious storm I managed to pick up 0.63” late this afternoon.  We need a lot more but it is enough to activate my weed lawn so a mowing I will soon be.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jburns said:

I thought wife and I had it bad here just north of you north of Kville. We're at 1.24 for the day, 2.46 for the week (basically yesterday and today), and 3.46 for the month. We were blessed with 2.52 for June. Seems like a lot compared to you in Archdale, but our grass is still brown and crunchy and our four year old dogwoods we planted in the sun by the drive are highly stressed to the point we may lose one.

Sounds like most everyone has gotten into the good stuff at least once this month. At over 5” after picking up just 0.46” last month my yard has gone from not having needed mowing since mid May to mowed twice this week. Better yet, the farm in Franklin county has exceeded 8” this month and the corn, soybeans, and food plots look like we will have made it through the drought with minimal loss. Checked the corn today and it’s 7-8’ and growing fast 

• Like 4

Picked up another 1.04" early this morning. That puts me at 8.97" for the month and a 60 to 80% chance of rain every day this week, I have a very good chance at hitting 10" for the month. Amazing watching my grass go from brown and crunchy to green and thick in less than 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Mowed for the first time in 3+ weeks yesterday.

.83" over the past three days. Nothing yet so far today. Surprising 5.95" for the month to date, nearly half of that coming from July 6th.

• Like 1