Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Obs 2024

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

HI up to 109. 98.4 here, still rising 

We have hit 100 for the 3rd time this year imby

EDIT: Heat index up to 114. We seem to be running higher than RDU due to slightly higher DP. Further east = more pain today 

Meanwhile GSO has hit 97 already tying yesterday's high which was the hottest day since 2015. We have a legitimate chance of hitting 100 for the first time since 2012 (although more likely temps will stall out at 98/99). With much more reasonable dew points, our heat index is also 97.

Just now, NorthHillsWx said:

RDU has hit 100 for 2nd day in a row but this seems much more in line with my observations. My temp has pretty much been in lockstep with RDU all day 

we will have to see if clouds prevent them from getting the 105+

20 minutes ago, eyewall said:

we will have to see if clouds prevent them from getting the 105+

Sunny or not, I’m thinking it is too late in the day for RDU to rise all of the way to 105 when they’re “only” at 100 at 3PM. I’d say probably no more than 102-103. A 5 degree rise from 3PM seems like a lot even with full sun, especially with a dewpoint up at 73.

• Like 1

Hit 94 before a surprise thunderstorm developed right over us. Dropped .61" and had some wind gust into the 30's easily. Also dropped temp down to 74. Sun is back out and temp is climbing once again. Already back up to 84.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

RDU has hit 100 for 2nd day in a row but this seems much more in line with my observations. My temp has pretty much been in lockstep with RDU all day 

What are you at now?

6 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Hit 94 before a surprise thunderstorm developed right over us. Dropped .61" and had some wind gust into the 30's easily. Also dropped temp down to 74. Sun is back out and temp is climbing once again. Already back up to 84.

I love the afternoon thunderstorm jackpot on these insanely hot days. Those are my favorite storms, just always hope they’re late enough in the evening to avoid the inevitable humidity hell when sun pops back out!

• Like 2

RDU at 4PM is sunny but the temp is down to 96. So, I’m thinking the high will probably end up 100-101 and only outside shot that 102 may have been reached earlier.

Edit: high Monday ended up at 101

It looks like RDU’s highest today may end up “only” at 97 (high through 4:30PM) though it could sneak up to 98. Comparing to FAY and Winston, that’s not out of line as they have been similar today.

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I wonder if subsidence behind the ongoing coastal convection will dampen storm development for central and eastern NC today. NAM kinda showing that now

I hope not. Anything to dampen the heat is welcome. It is a concern though.

5 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I wonder if subsidence behind the ongoing coastal convection will dampen storm development for central and eastern NC today. NAM kinda showing that now

It did. We got nothing in New Bern despite a 100% chance. It also kept temps down to the upper 80's. High today was only 88.

1 hour ago, yotaman said:

It did. We got nothing in New Bern despite a 100% chance. It also kept temps down to the upper 80's. High today was only 88.

Yep, nothing here either despite 60% chance. Few cells north of here but very underwhelming 

9 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Yep, nothing here either despite 60% chance. Few cells north of here but very underwhelming 

Yep all we did was cook today.