• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Banter 2024

George BM

Looks like the Orioles didn’t want to mortgage the future and trade their top talent this go around. Apparently the asking price for multiple top end starters was ridiculous as per some reports from GM’s around the league. Guys like Crochett and Skubal ended up not being traded anyway. I still don’t think this team is good enough to win a WS with the bats, let alone the bullpen. We’ll see how it all plays out, but sucks we have a top 3 pitcher in baseball for one year and probably won’t win it. He’s as good as gone after this season 

• Like 2

Just have to hope like hell that Rogers and/or Eflin catch a second wind and a tweak or two is made from fresh eyes from the Os coaching staff to elevate their ceiling. I really REALLY wanted a hammer to put between Burnes and Grayson for playoff series (multiple series hopefully) and neither Eflin or Roger are anywhere close to that, so, will have to hope that bats are humming come playoff time. Maybe Holliday will hit the ground running on his recall and give them a jolt for this closing stretch of games in August/Sept. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just have to hope like hell that Rogers and/or Eflin catch a second wind and a tweak or two is made from fresh eyes from the Os coaching staff to elevate their ceiling. I really REALLY wanted a hammer to put between Burnes and Grayson for playoff series (multiple series hopefully) and neither Eflin or Roger are anywhere close to that, so, will have to hope that bats are humming come playoff time. Maybe Holliday will hit the ground running on his recall and give them a jolt for this closing stretch of games in August/Sept. 

Seeing what teams gave up for top level pitching, I'm honestly OK with the moves the O's made. Elias did fill needs in the rotation and pen and got an extra bat, and did not mortgage the future on it. It's the long term plan in effect. If the O's pitching staff can get Eflin and Rogers to be decent enough, they still will contend come October. 

• Like 2