Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Banter 2024

George BM

1 minute ago, aldie 22 said:

Then why would my location matter?

Well for obs. I guess my point is - maybe they just didn't know that your username was also your location or a location at all. Just devil's advocate - don't mind me :lol: 

• Haha 3

Not to gloat (jk I'm gloating) but I've been very glad to be in New England since June 24. We're not looking forward to coming back to the intense heat Sunday. Hope you all are hanging in there.

Up here in Maine, "hot" days means mid 80s. Overheard some locals talking today about how the heat they're experiencing now doesn't usually come until August. I was on the Maine coast but now I'm way inland in the highlands on the shore of Moosehead lake. A gorgeous place and absolutely worth the trek. We've never been here but will be back. Pictured: Mt. Kineo from the shore and the view from the top.

Flood watch tonight for the remnants of the hurricane... Hoping our gravel road washes out and we're stuck at this cabin!

PXL_20240710_135536264.jpg

PXL_20240710_124237820.MP~3.jpg

• Like 12

A literal textbook of cloud optical effects in the Yukon this morning. Sun dogs, 22 and 46 degree halos, circumzenithal arc, tangent arc, and perihelic circle. Oh, and 48F low temp :scooter:

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8514.jpeg

IMG_8512.jpeg

IMG_8513.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Os are in a funk. Pitching needs major help and now the offense has gone cold.

All star break cant come quick enough. No excuse for them not to go all out to get the additions they need for the stretch run, but they will have to be willing to give up a couple of quality prospects. They have plenty of capital to work with.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

All star break cant come quick enough. No excuse for them not to go all out to get the additions they need for the stretch run, but they will have to be willing to give up a couple of quality prospects. They have plenty of capital to work with.

Issues are similar to last year, but it appears the mini stretches of struggles are more prolonged this yr. They need a starter, a reliever, and another bat to help with the bottom of the lineup. Idk if that means bringing up Mayo or Norby or trading for it but it’s needed. Os fans just have to accept that this means the farm system will take a hit. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 1:34 PM, WxUSAF said:

A literal textbook of cloud optical effects in the Yukon this morning. Sun dogs, 22 and 46 degree halos, circumzenithal arc, tangent arc, and perihelic circle. Oh, and 48F low temp :scooter:

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8514.jpeg

IMG_8512.jpeg

IMG_8513.jpeg

Absolutely awesome! Thanks

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

I think part of it is too that the team is exhausted. That stretch of 29 games in 30 days in June is catching up to them. Definitely agree, we need a starter and pen help now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CAPE said:

Didn’t change today…I’m going to the game tomorrow so I’d like some positive momentum going into the AS break. 

Prepping to host NVSL Divisionals this Saturday for the second year in a row. Gotta say...I'm a bit more worn out this year than the last couple years (got the O.L.D.), but we're making it work! Thank goodness the weather is looking halfway decent!

Our team did really well this year, so we're expecting to move up a couple/few divisions next year and be in as high a division as we've been in for many years. Hope the league doesn't go crazy and move us up too much, but it'll be interesting to see how the kids respond to going against some bigger teams!

• Like 1

Amazon prime days suck.  Don't be ordering a whole bunch of stuff lol.  I work at SDC1 now... basically like same day delivery station.  Order it in the morning, get it in the afternoon.  Going to be a long next few days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Amazon prime days suck.  Don't be ordering a whole bunch of stuff lol.  I work at SDC1 now... basically like same day delivery station.  Order it in the morning, get it in the afternoon.  Going to be a long next few days

I use to work for fedex when they delivered Amazon stuff. The few days after prime day definitely sucked lol