Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

40 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Tried to escape to Cunningham Falls SP, but it reached capacity just before we got there at 10am! Hiked instead.

IMG_8407.jpeg

The parked REACHED CAPACITY before midday? Are you kidding me? I mean, I expect that at Great Falls (which I refuse to ever visit again, on a weekday OR a weekEND day)...but Cunningham Falls??? Dear Lord. The DMV is just getting too damn crowded....

27 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

The parked REACHED CAPACITY before midday? Are you kidding me? I mean, I expect that at Great Falls (which I refuse to ever visit again, on a weekday OR a weekEND day)...but Cunningham Falls??? Dear Lord. The DMV is just getting too damn crowded....

Yeah crazy. Figured we’d be golden at 10am.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

That happens a lot.

• Sad 1

I'll be escaping the heat and humidity beginning mid week. A short stay in Dublin then off to the greater Manchester UK area until the end of the month. Weather looks nice through at least mid month, with high temps ranging from the mid 60s to the low 70s. Hoping for some rain at home so I don't come back to a bunch of burned up plants lol. Grass will do what it always does.

eps_z500aMean_eu_5.png

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I'll be escaping the heat and humidity beginning mid week. A short stay in Dublin then off to the greater Manchester UK area until the end of the month. Weather looks nice through at least mid month, with high temps ranging from the mid 60s to the low 70s. Hoping for some rain at home so I don't come back to a bunch of burned up plants lol. Grass will do what it always does.

eps_z500aMean_eu_5.png

Safe travels, @CAPE! Ironically, I just started watching "The Commitments," one of my favorite movies from the '90s, which takes place in Dublin, and features some of THE BEST soul/R&B covers from the 60s in any film, ever.  :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

eps_z500aMean_eu_5.png

Have a great time!  It’ll be fun to watch England in the Euros, especially if they advance to the finals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Have a great time!  It’ll be fun to watch England in the Euros, especially if they advance to the finals. 

Thanks! Watched the match today. Hoping to be at a local pub watching them in the finals. That would be pretty awesome.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Looking like the return of the 594dm ridge July 12-13

+epo/+nao for the next 15 days should keep us well above average. 

Looking forward to missing out on it. I will be back for the stretch run of actual summer though, and then MA extended summer through October. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

It is actually pretty common on “nice” weather weekends. Patapsco, Cunningham Falls, North Point, Gunpowder, Sandy Point, and a few other Maryland State Parks that have swimming access (lakes, bay, ocean) regularly close early in the day because of reaching parking capacity. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

It is actually pretty common on “nice” weather weekends. Patapsco, Cunningham Falls, North Point, Gunpowder, Sandy Point, and a few other Maryland State Parks that have swimming access (lakes, bay, ocean) regularly close early in the day because of reaching parking capacity. 

We knew they’d hit capacity. Just figured it wouldn’t be by 10am!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Safe travels, @CAPE! Ironically, I just started watching "The Commitments," one of my favorite movies from the '90s, which takes place in Dublin, and features some of THE BEST soul/R&B covers from the 60s in any film, ever.  :) 

Great movie! One of the best renditions of Mustang Sally there is!

On topic obs, a comfy 77 in my house and I’m not going outside again until September.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

That's 100 B)

Ha, I’m starting to lose count how many times I’ve hit 100 imby, today included. 

definitely at least 3 times, but maybe 4 or even 5? And it’s not even mid July yet

• Like 2