Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

14 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

I told my wife about a week ago it seems from day 4/5 thru 10/14 it shows LOTS of rain/showers, then pulls back when the 4/5 gets to 1/3. Rinse and repeat. 

We always say this during the winter (10 days away!). Now it appears as though this is a year-round chant :arrowhead:

• Like 2

Just now, aldie 22 said:

I haven't mowed in over 4 weeks only watered my shrubs and trees. This summer is insane so far

Same, I’m not going to jack up my water bill trying to save the grass. Only the essentials - garden, dogwood and fig tree

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I haven't mowed in over 4 weeks only watered my shrubs and trees. This summer is insane so far

I tried for a while to keep the grass alive, but i'm done.  Without any help at all from the sky there's no point, and no doubt watering prohibitions are coming again soon anyway.

• Like 1

I mowed earlier this week but only about 1/4 of the lawn really needed it and it had been 3-4 weeks since last mowing.

Am always happy to see lawn go brown and dormant. Vaca from mowing. I know it will green up when the rains come so a few weeks of brown lawn is a welcomed break. 

• Like 2

Here's the thing...

if you asked me would I rather have 100 degrees with a sun angle of 73 degrees and ~15 hrs of daylight versus an altitude of 27 degrees and about 10 hrs of daylight, I'm choosing "now"...

...unless it's snowing.

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Wonder if we get any storms today or tomorrow? CAMs suddenly seem dry.

They're dry, but I wouldn't say "suddenly".   Things have been trending towards very limited coverage over all runs from the past couple of days.     Still some small chance this evening, but I don't see how we generate storms tomorrow with lowering dew points and (light) north winds.