Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July Discobs 2024

George BM

2 minutes ago, TSG said:

Charlottesville getting demolished. We might need a flash flood warning if these cells keep firing right over town.

Always Charlottesville 

I'm just south of town on my work route in Covesville headed back to Cville , nice sunny and hot..

We've gotten smacked with at least 30-60 min of heavy rain over each of the past three days...to the tune of .08" within that time period. Of course, we're TRYING to get some sealing on our patio to dry in that timeframe...so accordingly, IT'S BEEN RAINING EACH AFTERNOON. Good Lord.

Currently 88/70...with dark clouds and thunder to the north and STW all around us, but while we cleaned up during a good shower around lunchtime today, I think we're gonna miss out on this round.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SnowtoRain said:

@CAPE, Ridgely mesonet got 1.82"

Just got home 20 mins ago. Wow the weeds. Too dark to fully assess plants etc. Anyway, 0.82" here today. When I was looking at the radar from the other side of the Atlantic this morning, it looked like the heaviest rain was just south of my yard. 5.9" for the month, so expect the plants will be fine. 

Damn what a long day. I woke up at 6am in Manchester UK, and still up at 11:30 eastern time. Got about 30 mins of sleep on the plane. 

• Like 3

My numbers for the month of July 2024. 

Averaged high temp was 85.9 degrees vs a normal of 83.9 degrees, a +2.0 above average. The warmest day was the 17th with a 95.2 degree reading. Averaged low temp was 63.2 degrees vs a normal of 62.8 degrees, a +0.4 degrees above average. The coolest temp for the month was 51.3 degrees on the 2nd. Overall averaged temp was 74.6 degrees vs a normal of 73.4 degrees, a +1.2 degrees above average. Rainfall for the month was 6.42 inches vs a normal of 4.01 inches, a +2.41 inches above average and the 2nd wettest July on record beating 1980's and 2015's 6.29 inches, but falling short of 2013's 7.56 inches. Highest daily rainfall was 2.32 inches on the 27th. There were 17 days with measurable, 0 days with a 'T' and 14 dry days. Highest wind recorded was 31 mph on the 31st. Only 5 days had winds in excess of 25 mph. One new record for the month, the 2.32 inches on the 27th set a new daily rainfall. A strange month, went into July very dry and stayed that way until mid-month, then the gates opened, and we had measurable on every day except one though the end of month, several days with 1+ inches. Started cool, then got excessively hot for 3-4 days mid-month, then back to average to slightly below to finish. Records date back to October 1979.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2