• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

Question:  does anyone have the RainDrop app and found it to be very inaccurate?  I got 0.22 in my gauge yesterday and the app had me at 0.59.  I also found a couple CoCoRahs obs that were way lower than the app had for those spots.  It has me at 1.78 since July 1; I have measured 1.08

Anyway, sun breaking out as we get dragged into three straight days of 95-100 degrees

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Question:  does anyone have the RainDrop app and found it to be very inaccurate?  I got 0.22 in my gauge yesterday and the app had me at 0.59.  I also found a couple CoCoRahs obs that were way lower than the app had for those spots.  It has me at 1.78 since July 1; I have measured 1.08

Anyway, sun breaking out as we get dragged into three straight days of 95-100 degrees

I use it frequently and the app is my favorite. But sometimes you are correct, it is a little off on how much rain fell. 

3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

695uec.jpg

Haha well mby has been suffering as much as many of us west of 95. Haven’t mowed the grass in 2 months, and my county is talking water restrictions if things don’t improve soon. Only last night I lucked out for once. 

• Like 1

88/68.........................  A glorious total of 1.86" rain for July compared to a normal of 4.44"

42% of normal................  Oh well, that is better than some of our winter snowfall in the last few years.

And, better than the 40% of normal rainfall for June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

LOL, I'm HOPING this is an issue with their system, take a look at the heat index of 264/264!!

CabinMtn2-CVNWR/Dolly Sods

image.png.3b173ab2ff0cb540e15b5060ddf56abb.png

Nice breeze though

Meanwhile Darnestown/Potomac area AGAIN with the pop ups.  Seems like a daily thing I see the sky to my south darken and hear thunder.  Lawns and gardens must be happy down there

19 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Nice breeze though

Meanwhile Darnestown/Potomac area AGAIN with the pop ups.  Seems like a daily thing I see the sky to my south darken and hear thunder.  Lawns and gardens must be happy down there

Next February when one of us jokes that the high sun angle will melt steel...well....

• Haha 1