Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

The South River is a tributary the the Chesapeake. I live right near it. The watershed at its headwaters is completely dry. Non of the creeks are running. I've never seen that before. I've lived in the area my entire 46 years of life. I'd say it's a drought. Even native plants are dying. 

Back in 1992-1993 was a real drought. Liberty Reservoir in Baltimore county was at like 20% capacity. Right now it is still at 90% capacity. 

49 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

I’m that dark red return just north of the beltway. It’s a drowning downpour last 20 minute .

Hope couple areas got that heavy period but it was small. 0.6 from that and 0.7 total. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, high risk said:

This seems super unlucky.    I got 0.35" from this evening's batch.

Neighbors PWS. It can run a little low but probably not that much.

IMG_8531.png

• Sad 1

Temp 76F Humidity 91%. Feels Like: Tropical Rain Forest.

Current House Obs: 72F (inside)

Parts arrived for my A/C. I fixed it myself because it would have taken longer to schedule service.

In hind site, it was pretty brutal without A/C at times... or maybe I am becoming a wimp in my old age?

It seems as if this onslaught of ridiculously hot, humid, drought weather will continue as we move forward.

Good luck my friends... I pray the A/C gods smile down upon you.

On 7/9/2024 at 6:56 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

When is your AC scheduled to be repaired?

I fixed it yesterday and fine tuned it today. 72 degrees and loving it. And while the outside temp is is only 76F... the difference inside is tremendous due to the drastically reduced humidity.

Additionally, at 92% humidity you have to start worrying about damage to the house. Something as simple as standard grade gypsum wallboard (sheetrock). It is not designed for that much humidity. This is why "special sheetrock" (green board) is used in locations such as bathrooms, etc. In many places it is a building code requirement. In the end, all that humidity can f*ck up your house, furnishings, electronics, etc.

Glad to have it fix and wish the best to others who may have A/C issues.

• Like 1

1.24" at my house. I'm guessing it's pretty much over. Places not too far southeast must have gotten 3"+ based on the radar depiction every time I took a peek. 

Glad I got that half inch a few days ago. In decent shape for probably a week with the upcoming heat if it doesn't rain again. Hopefully those places further west that really need it can get some good storms later in the week with the frontal passage.

7 hours ago, Terpeast said:

0.3”.  What a joke

You live in Ashburn right? The difference in our rain totals over such a small distance has been cringe worthy. Sitting at 4 inches of rain this month and a little over an inch of rain from this storm with one last band lined up. 

Total rain here 0.05" not one drop of rain overnight, and nothing else is coming! Flash flood watch for 2-4" right stay off the roads too LOL.  This is winter's calling card LOL.

I guess we were stuck in the subsidence area between bands.  Currently 74f humidity 96% dewpoint 73f.   

I guess the HRRR model did well up here it showed like nothing coming very consistent with the less than 0.10" we got.