Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

Seeing precip flowing off the Atlantic in July isn’t the most common occurrence.

Stalled frontal boundary, location on the western side of a strong high anchored over the Atlantic, and an upper level disturbance tracking northward in the flow to further enhance lift. Should be some prolific rainfall rates at times with that setup.

• Like 2

Was happy to hear the rain outside this morning.   From the looks of radar, I might keep under that narrow band of rain coming up the Carroll/Frederick County border for a little while. 

Choo Choo!

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

Looking optimistic for rain. Radar looks decent, and all models show at least 1" imby

That's good as I'm to your NE.  That thin training band has been undulating back and forth but mostly staying just east.  I can see clear sky looking up towards Frederick

Echoing what others noted -- the rain comes heavier than it looks on radar.  Some real efficient rain makers 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

It's raining in New Windsor and I can see clear skies to my west. Hah!

The drought out there is getting serious. Hopefully they can score soon. Heavy rain seems to fade as it comes north out of southern MD. Still nothing here in AA County. Fingers crossed it actually rains.

Edit: it's actually raining. A beautiful, steady, moderate rain. I'm going to go for a 7 mile hike today. No rain gear. Just going to enjoy the warm tropical rain.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

So hard to watch all that rain fizzle out as it gets closer to Loudoun. I was so encouraged by the radar earlier only to see things dry up and not really make it into the county. Painful for the rain starved. 

Yup , likely gonna be a gut punch for most of the driest area , just awful for the dam Valley...