• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

Had some of the hardest rain I've seen for a while out near Dulles when the line came through.  Poured for about 15 mins with visibility a 1/4 mile or less.  Had a very solid double rainbow on the back end with the hint of a triple.  Received .82" here at home NW of Vienna.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WeatherShak said:

I’ve been digging around about energy usage issues but haven’t found anything. Have you?

I keep it in 76.5 and from 1-6 it’s on for 10 to 20 minutes and off for 6-12 and repeat. CAC and split level. It’s warmer up top from 3-6:30 until sun gets off house so just don’t do things up there then. Family room in bottom level gets almost zero sun so it’s very nice for when we start doing this 97+ stuff 

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

No rain for me. That last line up to my North fizzled. My consultation prize though was an erie yellow covered sky. 
IMG_0926.thumb.jpeg.3275c640adca058035f1ccd1e576060a.jpeg

Spooky looking. I was at end of Reichs Ford and it poured and blew for about 3 minutes . Nothing else 

• Like 1

00z GFS is toasty for DC metro... 100 Sunday, 103 Monday, 104 Tuesday.  Wednesday looks like a front nearby or a backdoor front as its 80 at BWI but 97 at EZF.  Bit of a "break" for a few days before the heat returns at the end of the run with 100 degrees reappearing

• Sad 2

Other than the usual differences in precipitation guidance, there is an interesting battle between the meso and global models for temps on Friday.  The globals keep us socked in with clouds and we stay in the 70s.  The mesos pop us in and out of clouds and get many of us into the 80s.  The 06z NAM Nest is particularly aggressive with a warm mid-80s afternoon bracketed by rain in the morning and evening.

Nothing rain-wise here (Congrats to those who did), but the air made a dramatic change in early afternoon. Hit 91.2 around 1 pm, then the wind swung around to W/NW and gusted 20-25 mph. DP went from low 70's down into upper 50's, nice. Currently 64.5/59.1 at 7:45 with a light NW breeze at 3 mph after a 63.2 low. 

• Like 1