• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

The issue right now is the forcing keeps sliding south of the area towards the Tidewater. We had one day where the trough was amplified enough to send stuff north, but it went around us and into PA. Tough break. I know my parents at the shore got hammered the other night with 3+ from the monster that was tornado warned. We really could use a synoptic gully washer at this point. 

• Like 2

I got a lot of rain. I did not measure. My stuff has been in somewhat disarray since the A/C died so I have no totals. I would estimate 1.5+ inches. That said, much was "wasted" due to run off.... and ground that resembled concrete.

26 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

So the rain later today looks to be central VA to southern MD.  Another whiff.  Then the dry front tomorrow and no more chances of rain for a very long time

Yup. Central VA has been swamped this summer. Looks the the drought won this round. I'm glad I got an inch. Probably it for another couple months. Looks really dry from today onward. 

Another busted rainfall forecast for Delaware. 

Only area with significant rainfall is Dover, in a  East and West orientation, most of the state did not do well at all.  

1.28 for past 24 hours, most since 5/18 when 1.30 fell. Takes me to 3.68 for the month. Joined the 'haves' for the battle between have/have not for rain this summer. I'll do what I can to divert the rest of the month to other areas, especially thru Shenandoah Valley area!

Oh, never mind, it just started raining again....

.08" for this week.  Barely 1/2" for the entire month of july and still less than 2" since memorial day.  That looks like a wrap for this month.  Everything is dead; haven't mowed my grass in at least 6 weeks.  This area is done for.

Last year I received 4.32" for the entire MET summer.  And that's more than twice what I've got 2/3 through this one.  

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

.08" for this week.  Barely 1/2" for the entire month of july and still less than 2" since memorial day.  That looks like a wrap for this month.  Everything is dead; haven't mowed my grass in at least 6 weeks.  This area is done for.

Last year I received 4.32" for the entire MET summer.  And that's more than twice what I've got 2/3 through this one.  

Yeah, that is awful, that really does suck. 

22 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

NE MD didn't even have to wait until noon to get inundated with storms. Must be a swamp up there. Seems like they get crushed every day. It's humid, damp, cloudy, and about 80 degrees here. Seems very tropical again today. 

Some good training there... That is just to my east.  Probably a good thing because my son has baseball tryouts.  Monday was the only good day here in 20157... nothing really since.

• Like 1