• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

1st real thunderstorm of the year looks to be moving in, and it's 72F.. that cap (CIN) has really been something else this year. 

If we are going to be above average in precip early August (like the CPC suggests) with a ridge building overhead, it better really rain a lot with this frontal boundary over the next few days.. 

• Like 1

Holy hell - getting an absolute deluge and it’s setting up to train pretty much over my part of northern balt county / we will get at least a few inches out of what is falling j would wager - this is torrential downpours - this is quite welcome and was extra needed / wish more could share in this in the forum 

Yep - and there’s the confirmation- 3-4 inches of rain across the Hereford, Parkton, Monkton area from that complex. But just .4 down toward cockeysville just seven miles south. Hugely lucky to catch a training set of storms. Things already much much greener this AM. I am grateful. 

https://x.com/avawbal/status/1815668306705092901?s=46&t=rKRo5ildsXjOFWkYH7wDlg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Yep - and there’s the confirmation- 3-4 inches of rain across the Hereford, Parkton, Monkton area from that complex. But just .4 down toward cockeysville just seven miles south. Hugely lucky to catch a training set of storms. Things already much much greener this AM. I am grateful. 

https://x.com/avawbal/status/1815668306705092901?s=46&t=rKRo5ildsXjOFWkYH7wDlg

I'm in that 2-2.5" blob just east of Baltimore there. Just seemed like one deluge after another. I know my lawn really looks a lot more green this morning. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

I'm in that 2-2.5" blob just east of Baltimore there. Just seemed like one deluge after another. I know my lawn really looks a lot more green this morning. 

And your area had that training storm last week also, right? 

I haven’t gotten a flush hit since late June. Still less than 1” for the month. Looking at the CoCoRaHS month-to-date precip in the area really highlights how variable it can be over a really short distance. Differences of 3” or more in the same county.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

12z 3k NAM for my yard please and thank you 

If the MD side of the Potomac trains again today, I'm going to kick a virtual puppy.

Had that one big cell IMBY at about 7:00 pm or so yesterday, so that was good, but the really bug stuff at night slid to our south. Could definitely use some more rains today - the nearby creeks looked barely affected this morning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1