• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

I mean LWX forecast just...doesn't seem to match up with radar, nor with the full sun I'm seeing out my window right now. I also can't see that stuff out to the W/NW surviving the trip over the Apps and making it to the metros.

LWX also seems to have pulled back a bit on precip chances for the next couple of days, too. It's just "that" summer.

12 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

What's the best place to look for local rainfall totals? I have this bookmarked but I feel like it's not the best. https://www.weather.gov/marfc/SixHourPrecip

What's a good radar estimated totals site?

This one from iweathernet is OK.  It used to be great as you could zoom way in and was accurate.  For some reason they ruined the zoom in ability.  I've also see the 24-hour and 72-hour not match up

Anyone know a better one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VA Mad Man said:

I'm sure this has been asked.....but I'm going to ask anyway....what's a really good radar app for iPhone? Happy to pay (a little)

Smarter folks here than I will likely chime in...but serious wx buffs here use Radarscope on their mobile devices. It IS a really good radar app...and the more features you want out of it, you'll have to pay a subscription. It has layers of complexity that (again) lots of folks here use, and know better, than myself. Aside from that, for everyday quick and dirty radar checks on the desktop, I typically use Windy.com. 

23 minutes ago, VA Mad Man said:

I'm sure this has been asked.....but I'm going to ask anyway....what's a really good radar app for iPhone? Happy to pay (a little)

RadarScope is worth it. I have both desktop/mobile.

I miss the old iweathernet zoomability as well.

0.25" today