Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Admittedly, the drought isn’t nearly as bad here as other areas, but I’m under an inch for July so I’d be happy with a deluge. And it looks like the radar is starting to blossom to the south, so I wouldn’t abandon all hope for the afternoon in your area just yet.

I agree. My luck MIGHT be changing. Big blob developing right in my patch to my south. I'm starting to hear distant thunder. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Trying to sling that blob of rain that moved thru here up towards @Jrlg1181's way....

Thanks !  It will only be a shell of itself when it gets there probably... Over in Cville for work. Where there was some 3 inch totals over here this morning...

6 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Definitely a let down for those of us on the western side of the Potomac.

There's a westward moving outflow boundary that might trigger more activity as it heads west. 

• Like 1

From a north-facing window in Tysons Corner I can see heavy showers in Langley or Potomac moving to the northwest. No more than discrete raindrops here though so far, with occasional glimpses of sunshine.

• Like 1

Drought observation. I think it is bad where I live. Was at a horse show yesterday out near Bluemont VA. We were letting the horses “graze”. Put that in quotes because they had to paw at the ground to expose the grass roots and were eating those. There is nothing worth any substance above that. The amount of hay that is having to be thrown this summer is equal to the winter when the grass has died off. It is bad. And don’t even ask me about hay prices. 

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Just getting ready to depart Fort Belvoir, with breaks in the clouds appearing and far more sun peeking through than I expected to see today. Currently 80/73. Thick out there.

I wrote that, then...

50 minutes ago, Skywalker03 said:

3 HEAVY downpours in north Rockville in the last 2 hours.  This is the most rain we've gotten in a long time.

43 minutes ago, kgottwald said:

From a north-facing window in Tysons Corner I can see heavy showers in Langley or Potomac moving to the northwest. No more than discrete raindrops here though so far, with occasional glimpses of sunshine.

29 minutes ago, jnis said:

Interesting radar…it’s pouring on the northeast side of Damascus

And on my 20 min ride home from Fort Belvoir, on the four-mile connector (Jeff Todd Way) between Rt. 1 and Telegraph Rd, I ran into three minutes of a WALL of rain, like, can't-see-through-it, windshield-wipers-can't-keep-up, pull-your-damn-car-over rain. But ONLY three minutes' worth.

Now at home, look in any direction, and you see greenish/black threatening clouds, patches of blue sky, still a few breaks of sunshine, and everything in between...just one of those psychotic wx days.  :D  But here's hoping that those of you that need it most, cash in at some point this afternoon/evening.