Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

12 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

The radar orientation reminds me a little bit of winter storms, if only.

Jan 25th, 2000 type storm lol. I was shocked that night when I looked at radar. It wasn't supposed to hit us. I see a monster wall of white racing NW into the metro area. 

Cloudy and a tolerable 82 degrees 

30 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Not a drop here again.

That radar look isn't matching the ground truth.. While it is damp between Waynesboro and Cville - I'm in Cville on my work route and the pavement under the trees isn't wet .. But I have to go down to near Petersburg in alittle bit - And I'm sure  I'll see more rain down there than my yard has seen in more than the last 2 months combined...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Glorious pouring heavy rain!  .25 in the last 10 minutes and still going strong!

So we've had a light but steady rain for the past two hours. And I'll take it...especially because my bride and I finished all of the mowing/trimming/blowing, like, FIVE minutes before the light rain moved in.  ;) 

Currently 77/73, still with light rain...and not that bad out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

So we've had a light but steady rain for the past two hours. And I'll take it...especially because my bride and I finished all of the mowing/trimming/blowing, like, FIVE minutes before the light rain moved in.  ;) 

Currently 77/73, still with light rain...and not that bad out!

Looks like I hit the rain lotto jackpot today.  Heaviest cell currently in the area parked over me!  Nearing a half inch!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Oh look. The same places in VA are getting more rain today than my area has had since May. Astonishing how rain dries up as it approaches the area for the since May. My gut says we stay dry until September at the earliest. 

If we're still dry in September it will only get worse without tropical contribution.

Historically, September and October are very dry without tropical contribution because the thunderstorm season is over........................... 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stormy said:

If we're still dry in September it will only get worse without tropical contribution.

Historically, September and October are very dry without tropical contribution because the thunderstorm season is over........................... 

True. You know we'll get a tropical remnant but it will miss us to the south and hit the same places south of us that have been initiated all summer lol

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Who thinks we really get some decent rains this week?  The forecast looks wet and my P&C has 1.25-1.75 inches for just Monday/Mon night but I've seen this story too many times before

Nice start to a summer day - sunny and 68

Euro, gfs, Canadian are all in agreement as of this morning re: us getting rain tmrw.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Who thinks we really get some decent rains this week?  The forecast looks wet and my P&C has 1.25-1.75 inches for just Monday/Mon night but I've seen this story too many times before

Nice start to a summer day - sunny and 68

I'm sure the people who've gotten rain will get more and those who haven't, won't. 

2 hours ago, snowfan said:

Euro, gfs, Canadian are all in agreement as of this morning re: us getting rain tmrw.

The signals there are encouraging for sure, and it's indicative of a chance of beneficial rains for a larger part of the area that's higher than we've seen in a while.   The worry, though, is that these are the low-res models that aren't suited for capturing mesoscale details, and the CAMs show that despite what looks like a soaking for everyone in the global models, this will still be an event with winners and losers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1