Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

16 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

Solid storm. Some real close butt clinchers as it rolled in. 

It was. Not sure it was severe, but solid. Leaves and some small branches down.

2 minutes ago, jacindc said:
1 hour ago, pazzo83 said:
lol it falls apart again as it nears Western Ave.  Someone explain it to me.

I grew up on Western Avenue, near the park. (That's where my avatar photo was taken.) I feel your pain.

maybe there is some topological reason lol - it's so weird.

Only joint in Waynesboro that didn't get a good soaking earlier yeah the NW corner yup my yard.... 0.09 brings my monthly total to a pointless 0.16 

On the other hand 2 to 3 inches fell in southern Augusta a few miles away which in return will help the South River which will help the Shenandoah a tiny bit...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Only joint in Waynesboro that didn't get a good soaking earlier yeah the NW corner yup my yard.... 0.09 brings my monthly total to a pointless 0.16 

On the other hand 2 to 3 inches fell in southern Augusta a few miles away which in return will help the South River which will help the Shenandoah a tiny bit...

yeah i saw that line - was thinking Southern Augusta County into Nelson and Albemarle were getting slammed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Checked the nearest PWS to my house.  High of 107F and not a trace of rain.  Fucking wasteland.  Wildfires already breaking out; saw some FB posts of a large brush fire in Strasburg today.

Yeah I do believe that your backyard and mine these last few years are meant for nothing other than only growing summer cacti....And my backyard may be reaching the point of being too dry to even grow a cactus...

7 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Yeah I do believe that your backyard and mine these last few years are meant for nothing other than only growing summer cacti....And my backyard may be reaching the point of being too dry to even grow a cactus...

i mean i'm thinking we could start planting some palms around here - this winter we only had 31 days of 32F or below, meanwhile we've already had 17 days with lows of 75F or greater (and 7 80F+ lows)

• Weenie 1

38 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Flash Flood watch lol. What is going on with the silly watches for everything. They should also issue a hurricane watch for the entire coastline because it's hurricane season lol

78 degrees.

Saturday looks awesome. Upper 70's for highs should feel amazing. 

Flash flooding inside the urban corridor due to extremely dry soils that can't absorb rain efficiently.

• Like 4

Yesterday's average temp of 92.0 degrees (104/80) slots in as a tie for the 5th hottest day in the DCA climate record.

NAME DATE TMAX TMIN Average T
WASHINGTON REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT, VA US 7/7/2012 105 82 93.5
WASHINGTON REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT, VA US 7/23/2011 102 84 93.0
WASHINGTON REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT, VA US 7/6/1999 103 83 93.0
WASHINGTON REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT, VA US 7/22/2011 102 83 92.5
WASHINGTON REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT, VA US 7/29/2011 104 80 92.0
WASHINGTON DC WEATHER BUREAU CITY, MD US 8/6/1918 106 78 92.0
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Per NWS:

• Baltimore (BWI) has tied its longest streak of days with temps of 101F+ at three (3) days -- previous occurrences 8/26-28/1948 & 7/19-21/1930
  • Washington DC (DCA) has tied its longest streak of days with temps of 101F+ at three (3) days -- previous occurrences 7/19-21/1930

So if either of them hit 101 today then it's the longest streak in each station's history?