• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

Models don't even show anything besides a few pop up showers that are very isolated. Seems odd to have a watch. 
102 yay

Im holding out hope that complex in the Alleghenies does something when it gets here. HRRR didn’t really model what’s happening there now.
  • Like 1

That walk from my office on 1st Street to Union Station earlier was like being in a furnace!  It was just like that day in June 2012 when we hit 104/105.

I am salivating at this pattern change coming with a decent stretch of maybe not even reaching 90.  I do not expect any rain tomorrow but that's OK

• Like 2

Holding out hope for the next couple of hours.

“Further to the southwest into MD and VA, convection has largely struggled to remain sustained over the past hour - likely due to generally weak forcing for ascent driven mainly by diurnal heating and some lift along a diffuse lee trough axis. However, early signs of convective development has been recently along an outflow boundary associated with upstream convection across WV. Deeper convection may materialize east of the Appalachians as the boundary moves into a more buoyant air mass. Very warm surface conditions (temperatures in the upper 90s, low 100s) are resulting in deep boundary-layer mixing up to 2 km, which, when combined with PWAT values around 1.75 inch, should be supportive of wet downbursts with an attendant severe/damaging wind risk. Convective coverage remains uncertain, but recent WoFS guidance continues to show at least scattered thunderstorm development, suggesting the wind risk continues across southern portions of WW 548.”

21 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Derecho day was still 103 at 6pm, but caught a river wind and dropped to 96 at 7pm.  Bounced back to 98 at 8pm.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/va/arlington/KDCA/date/2012-6-29

What was the dewpoint? I remember walking out of my shop just before it hit and the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.