Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

Just now, AmericanWxFreak said:

Besides the NAM, doesn't seem like anything else is enthusiastic at all about storm chances this evening...

There appears to be a lack of a kicker, save a mesoscale boundary, and a mid level temperature inversion for today. The upside is that tomorrow's potential probably kicks up a notch if the instability isn't turned over today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

nothing but blue sky here - wild.  absolute furnace rn.

We've blown by the convective temp of 93 degrees per the 12z IAD balloon. Yet the cumulus field is just now struggling to bubble up. There has to be a cap or something.

97 at home approaching 130 EDT. Hottest temp of the summer by a degree so far. Might make a run at 100 which would be the hottest I have ever recorded here- that said my station gets sun soaked for a time early to mid afternoon so I usually go with the period from around 3pm onward for the actual high when it is back in the shade. Hopefully I remember to check it but I have lots of nice local beers to drink and I am off to a good start so we shall see. B)

• Like 4

H5 is not overly impressive for big heat but lower levels reveal west/sw wind with downsloping/compressional heating, plus it is mid July and ofc that other thing we really shouldn't mention here. We cook so easily anymore.

• Like 3

Just now, CAPE said:

H5 is not overly impressive for big heat but lower levels reveal west/sw wind with downsloping/compressional heating, plus it is mid July and ofc that other thing we really shouldn't mention here. We cook so easily anymore.

Even our mesonet sites, which are on grassy & open areas, are flirting with the century mark. This isn't a few poorly placed temp sensors. It's legit heat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeatherShak said:

You have woods nearby.

Right next to the house is NW Branch Stream Valley #4. Broke through and 96.8 now. Started off a bit lower this AM from the storms yesterday as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

6 hourly highs

BWI: 103

DCA: 102

IAD: 99

I’ve never had a day in the MA that reminds me more of the desert southwest. Nearly clear skies and just radiating heat from every surface

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

Even with two brand new central air units… my cape cod is struggling to stay below 75 inside.

Yep... same here more or less. I turned it up to 75F. Meaning it will cool to 74F and then turn on once again at 76F.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I’ve never had a day in the MA that reminds me more of the desert southwest. Nearly clear skies and just radiating heat from every surface

Exactly.  On these days we are usually watching the cu field and seeing when they might come by.  Just relentless today.