• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

Hey,  just checking in from the mountains of NH.  I grew up in Baltimore.  Maybe someone on this thread knows the answer?  When was an excessive heat warning issued last down there?  I imagine it doesn't happen very often.  I hate heat and humidity and moved up here long ago to get away.  Now even up here the climate is getting hotter.  Didn't even have a 0F night this past season.

Enjoy your heat.  I'll take my 84/63 right now.

Wxeyenh

42 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

99.5 so far for a high temp. Dang hot!! 

7 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Pop up storm apparently...

Just drove from Silver Spring to home , and temp fell from 97 to 81 plus a few puddles. Got home to 0.02" in the gauge. Breezy too.

6 minutes ago, GATECH said:

101.3 today.  That is the 6th 100+ degree day this year.  In the previous 4 years, with the same weather station, in the same location I had a total of zero.  What da fuq!  

So, actually nice breezes in our backyard today...coupled with the fan, it makes sitting on the patio comfortable...enough!

And yeah, @GATECH -- I intend to buy a new wx station in the next 1-2 months, but to your point, I've NEVER seen this many 100+ degree days in Hayfield Farm, and we've lived here for 22 years. Again, I'm not bitching, I like the heat/humidity...but I feel for those who don't like it, or whose health conditions are exacerbated by it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GATECH said:

101.3 today.  That is the 6th 100+ degree day this year.  In the previous 4 years, with the same weather station, in the same location I had a total of zero.  What da fuq!  

Enjoy it. This is the coolest summer for the rest of our lives. 

• Weenie 4

I'm not overly concerned about the daytime heat, but the evening heat is killing me. In years past you could always count on being able to enjoy the evenings even when it was oppressively hot that day. This year seems different. 85 degrees at 10pm is unnatural.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Wow, 100s at DCA and BWI.  IAD and my house look like 98s.  I got a few drops in the early afternoon that halted the rise.

Well, mby hit 100 today. Dews in the mid 60s though

1 hour ago, TowsonTownT said:

I'm not overly concerned about the daytime heat, but the evening heat is killing me. In years past you could always count on being able to enjoy the evenings even when it was oppressively hot that day. This year seems different. 85 degrees at 10pm is unnatural.

I can't remember getting so many evenings/nights well into the 80s

• Like 2