Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

1 minute ago, RDM said:

89F with a dp of 80.   First time I recall having a dp of 81 here.  Routine when we lived in Bangkok and Japan, but not here.    HI of around 108 already.  Going to be a toasty day.

Meant to say 89F with a dp of 81.  As I was typing the dp went up even more.  Yuk.

• Like 1

94/78dp here - that's 110 on the HI scale   Justifies the Excessive Heat Watch (EHW) - Seems they would make it a warning now? 

NWS already posted EHW's for tomorrow and Tuesday. 

Had one of our AC's serviced on Friday.  The HVAC technician said they've been swamped.  (No surprise - tough job in these conditions)

3 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Ended up with 0.14 from the storm that popped up right over top of us between 5 and 6 pm. That gets us just a bit over 1/2 inch for the month so far. Currently 69.8/65.4 with mostly sunny skies after a 62.9 low. 

Sitting at 0.07 for the month

Have only had 3 events total since May 18th with more than 0.04 - 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

We are pretty close to a certain 100 Tuesday.

Yea we're probably going to cook Tuesday. Looks like 06z and 12z GFS push +30° air at 925 overtop the entire region. 700 mb is pretty dry too, so it's possible we bake with few clouds.

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea we're probably going to cook Tuesday. Looks like 06z and 12z GFS push +30° air at 925 overtop the entire region. 700 mb is pretty dry too, so it's possible we bake with few clouds.

As someone who has a 103 at bwi for the summer contest wondering if this is the day to make a run at that guess 

45 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Mowed for the first time in 5 weeks started at 8am finished around 10:45. My wife had to save me with a bucket of cold water and a wet towel. Dumbest move I've made in awhile...brutal out there.

Well, MY wife always bugs to do the front/back lawns (she's retired, I'm not) because I'm a particular old curmudgeon when it comes to how the lawns look, so while the back lawn didn't need it, there was enough fringe stuff that needed mowed on the front lawn that I acquiesced last Friday.

I don't think she'll ask to do either lawns again, anytime soon...but in fairness, I warned her at the time that it was HOT AF out there.  ;) 

• Haha 1

Didn’t realize it was, but there is seemingly a chance. Anything to disrupt the doldrums of this heat.

Me either. Driving home from the blue ridge I noticed some cumulus sprouting straight up. Apparently there’s no cap, but lacking any sort of trigger (other than the heat)
  • Like 2

Drove from the city back down to the Bay this morning, all the new trees they planted along suitland and rt 4 either this spring or last fall are dead or dying from the drought, bummer.  Things up there are dire.  Down here it isn't as bad since the recent rains but man is it humid.  All the foliage has that late summer tattered look to it.  Like the dog days.   I will say that trying to live in the city with weather like this must be miserable.  It's too hot to do anything outside.  I think I'm just gonna stay out in the mtns by DCL this time of year when there's weather like this in the future.  

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Didn’t realize it was, but there is seemingly a chance. Anything to disrupt the doldrums of this heat.

1 hour ago, WeatherShak said:

Me either. Driving home from the blue ridge I noticed some cumulus sprouting straight up. Apparently there’s no cap, but lacking any sort of trigger (other than the heat)

Definitely something popping up on radar just to the west of NW DC...and looks like some kinda beefier lightning-infused throwdown between Bowie/Crofton and Annapolis right now. Props to those of you who can cash in on a bit of rain!