Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

59 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

The stuff down near Richmond is what I am watching. It seems to be advancing north.

Yeah the rain in central VA looks to be moving north, I hope it gets up here and fills in

I did manage to catch some of that thin line this morning for 0.27 so far which is triple what I had gotten for the month 'til now :mellow:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Yeah the rain in central VA looks to be moving north, I hope it gets up here and fills in

I did manage to catch some of that thin line this morning for 0.27 so far which is triple what I had gotten for the month 'til now :mellow:

I am watching it also, seems to be heading NE but there is some stuff slightly West. Will see if it holds up to here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Arggghh. I hate not being able to measure rain right now. I don't think we got quite as much as you...but we DID get a nice 45 min light but steady rain around 7-8 a.m. We could certainly use several more hours of that today...and radar looks hopeful, with stuff moving up from the south.

0.76" today so far at home.

Mostly cloudy day here in the UK with some showers moving in this evening. Temp of 57. Can definitely say I don't miss the heat and humidity one bit. Glad to see the rain at home since I can't water the plants from here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Sitting out here in WY and checked local OBS back home.  0.00" rain.  I'm just shocked.

We never had a legit shot anywhere along the I81 developing desert..... 0.00 here 

Will likely remain at 1.25 since May 18 and we were already below normal since the end of January ... And as I type this we get our customary 2 second sprinkle... On the other hand enjoy Wy... spent a night up in Newcastle 3 years ago leaving western South Dakota driving into Montana... Beautiful area..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Western suburbs....very frustrating.  Blue skies to our west.  Dark clouds to our east;  couple sprinkles.

tmp.gif

You're not missing much. I'm just west of Annopoils and can't buy a shower. Anything that gets near here just vanishes. It's clear where the rain will be. Looks like a small strip on the eastern shore. It has gotten more humid in the past hour.

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

Moderate to heavy steady rain in SoMD pretty much all morning.  Drought canceled.  Tremendously humid out.  

You can tell even the sandy soil of the eastern shore is pancaked. The Ridgely mesonet site recorded over half an inch of rain in under 30 minutes, but the soil moisture values are just flat. It's going to take some time for moisture uptake to occur it seems.

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Partly sunny day in ocmd. We have lucked out all week and rain has only come late at night. 10/10 beach week that is unfortunately coming to an end. Dont want to return to the dust bowl heat dome of central MD.

Enjoy the heck out of it because the first half of next week looks brutal!  Maybe 100-plus three straight days?

Sitting at about 0.3 here which makes me one of the lucky ones so far.  The good part is it's just 73 degrees at mid-day