• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

58 here outside of Manchester just after 6pm local time. Amazing change pre to post flight. Left with HI of 105 and arrived with wind chills in the 40s this morning.

According to my weather station my yard picked up 0.54" of rain with a line that went trough overnight.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, yoda said:

00z GFS is toasty for DC metro... 100 Sunday, 103 Monday, 104 Tuesday.  Wednesday looks like a front nearby or a backdoor front as its 80 at BWI but 97 at EZF.  Bit of a "break" for a few days before the heat returns at the end of the run with 100 degrees reappearing

950 and 850 temps next week support us flirting with 100 degrees regionwide. Legit heat incoming.

• Like 3

FFW up for Calvert/Charles/St. Mary's in MD and King George in VA

Flood Watch
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
301 PM EDT Thu Jul 11 2024

MDZ016>018-VAZ057-120715-
/O.NEW.KLWX.FA.A.0016.240712T0600Z-240713T0400Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Charles-St. Marys-Calvert-King George-
Including the cities of Dahlgren, Chesapeake Beach, St. Charles,
Dunkirk, Waldorf, Huntingtown, North Beach, Lusby, California,
Prince Frederick, and Lexington Park
301 PM EDT Thu Jul 11 2024

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT FRIDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
EVENING...

* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...Portions of southern Maryland, including the following
  areas, Calvert, Charles and St. Marys and central Virginia,
  including the following area, King George.

* WHEN...From 2 AM EDT Friday through Friday evening.

* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
  creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
  Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Low-water
  crossings may be flooded.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
  - Multiple rounds of heavy showers and thunderstorms will move
    across the area starting late tonight and continuing through
    Friday evening. Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are
    expected, with isolated higher amounts possible.
  - Please visit www.weather.gov/safety/flood for flood safety
    and preparedness information

22 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Gut wrenching forecast being west of the good rain cutoff.  I'm hoping the blue ridge rain shadow that kills me with W to E moving storms helps me out this time with the E to SE winds

I know the feeling, upslope usually spills over enough for me, but 10 miles west toward Staunton not so much... hopefully can get something out of this 

10 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Nothing rain-wise here (Congrats to those who did), but the air made a dramatic change in early afternoon. Hit 91.2 around 1 pm, then the wind swung around to W/NW and gusted 20-25 mph. DP went from low 70's down into upper 50's, nice. Currently 64.5/59.1 at 7:45 with a light NW breeze at 3 mph after a 63.2 low. 

I was at OBX for a few days and when I got home late last night, it was downright fall like with the breeze and felt so refreshing. I did manage to hit 90.0 on the nose two days ago imby (missed it since I was out of town) - first one since I moved here in 2022. Driving through your neck of the woods, the streams are nonexistent and here too, for that matter. 1.08" in the last 5 weeks and looks like a dry one until at least late next week. Tough summer so far.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life had this much anticipation for a rainy day. Feels like waiting on snow.

I've been watching every model run since Monday lol. Now I'm having radar hallucinations. Looks like a tropical system offshore when you look at the Cape Hatteras radar. Nice moisture feed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life had this much anticipation for a rainy day. Feels like waiting on snow.

all we need is someone to take a snapshot of the radar at some random point tomorrow and call, "BUST!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pazzo83 said:

all we need is someone to take a snapshot of the radar at some random point tomorrow and call, "BUST!"

Good thing temp issues won't be the problem when it comes to rain. Also downsloping shouldn't kill us in the corridor because it's coming from the east.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, katabatic said:

I was at OBX for a few days and when I got home late last night, it was downright fall like with the breeze and felt so refreshing. I did manage to hit 90.0 on the nose two days ago imby (missed it since I was out of town) - first one since I moved here in 2022. Driving through your neck of the woods, the streams are nonexistent and here too, for that matter. 1.08" in the last 5 weeks and looks like a dry one until at least late next week. Tough summer so far.

2.26 here since June 1st, pretty dry. Currently 71.3/60.0 at 9:45 pm.