Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July Discobs 2024

George BM

4 hours ago, high risk said:

Credit the CAMS which were hinting at a few showers developing along the front after dark.    Heavy downpour in the Columbia/Ellicott City area.

So close…but a miss

Hey peeps, been workin non stop on getting rockville ready to sell and our VA land ready to build. Good God has it been hot tho.... lol. I mean F and S it's been hot. Lol. 

Got hit with an incredible sunset last night. A real drop you to your knees kind of sight. Could hardly see it through a 4" deep sweat waterfall but the pic came out nice hahahaha

20240706_204522.thumb.jpg.84d30282a124f7d9dc1668152e5e863e.jpg

• Like 26

IAD bottomed out at just 79F this morning! Thankfully dewpoints were a bit lower with a slight breeze or running outside would have been torture. It was still quite a bit warmer than ideal for sure though.

Back to the 79F low at IAD. If we don't get below that by 1am tomorrow morning (that would be midnight going by standard time which the NWS uses) It will tie the all-time warmest daily low there.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

This is going to tie my highest midnight reading of 85F

1983 is one which it and 1980 was first time we had a lot of high mins. 2012 was my last 85 

Tied it but low was 75 with that record being 78 

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Hey peeps, been workin non stop on getting rockville ready to sell and our VA land ready to build. Good God has it been hot tho.... lol. I mean F and S it's been hot. Lol. 

Got hit with an incredible sunset last night. A real drop you to your knees kind of sight. Could hardly see it through a 4" deep sweat waterfall but the pic came out nice hahahaha

20240706_204522.thumb.jpg.84d30282a124f7d9dc1668152e5e863e.jpg

Stunning. TY for sharing this, and good luck to y'all in your future moves/plans!  :D 

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

Looks like the gfs still has that soaking rain event later this week. Fingers crossed it holds. 

CMC, Icon, and Euro(0z) also have the same idea- a disturbance in the SE tracking northward on the western periphery of the Atlantic High getting entrained in the front associated with the remnants of Beryl. 

• Like 3

Heading to our VA place in 8 days for my stepdaughters wedding.  

It's been a lovely summer out here until the heat wave arrived yesterday!  

Not looking forward to the humidity or the hot nights in Virginia.  

Crazy the temperature swings here in the summer because it is bone dry.  

54 degree swing yesterday on my hottest day of the year

Today should be another 50 degree plus difference.

IMG_4823.thumb.jpeg.16e74fb024074cb7e3350be925f1f39a.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

CMC, Icon, and Euro(0z) also have the same idea- a disturbance in the SE tracking northward on the western periphery of the Atlantic High getting entrained in the front associated with the remnants of Beryl. 

Yeah, well...under normal circumstances, if you were here in the DMV, I'd be looking for your recommendations as to what the remnants were in your IPA beer can;)

Again, safe travels in the coming weeks...and enjoy!  :D