• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 General Discussion

Showers with a little thunder have blossomed over the W tip of the Lake, and am currently getting a nice rain. Have been keeping the windows shut during the day, and open at night, but the rain cooled air feels very nice. South Shore in Douglas county WI is currently under a flash flood warning. Complex is just sitting here, and expanding this morning. 

Only ended up with 0.19" of rain yesterday. It ended up moving E over the Lake. Cloudy start to the day with some showers around. Should break into the low 80's later with the Sun coming out. Point showing 90+ come Fri on a light W wind, about the same on Sat, as well. That'll be miserable.

Swing and a miss with today's MCS to the west and south. I would not mind another 0.75" tomorrow though. It could not make the humidity much worse. The dewpoint is already 73 degrees. How much higher could it go?

As expected, I only got some light anvil rain like Cyclone... about 0.15".

The MCS track has been locked in for the last few days.  Ottumwa had been the driest spot in Iowa, getting missed repeatedly over the last couple months, but they've been hit by at least five MCSs this week that have dropped several inches of rain.

6 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Lightning just kind of forgot to happen for a long time here.

MBY personally has been getting shafted when it comes to the Pops. And then there is where I’m working and it’s been a deluge over on the east side. Hopefully something DTW-TOL in the next few days before we go back to a cool pattern.

Nice stm complex over C MN. Should see some type of action around supper time. :) 

Currently mid 80's with dews running mid 60's to around 70, so a nice, warm day, but not oppressive around my area. That'll change in a couple days with low 90's on tap, although dews shouldn't be too high, hopefully. 

Tonight's big event for my area has kinda been ruined by all the recent action to the southwest.  All we have this evening is an outflow-dominated, bubbly line moving through central Iowa.  There probably won't be much left when it gets here later.