• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 General Discussion

6 hours ago, Brian D said:

10 am, and already 80 here in town. Going to be a hot one today. Should peak around 90 or maybe a little better with a light W wind flowing down slope. 

Peaked in the low 90's along the shore with dews around 70. Upper 80's inland. She's a hot one today! A top 5 day for heat. Mid July records in town are in the mid 90's.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Hit 84 here with dews in the low 70's.  Def a warm day for the north woods.  Nice thundershower has moved through dropping .45" and knocking the temp down to 69 but still very humid with a little fog even.

Always nice when a rain drops the temps to simply bearable. Summer for the win.

16 hours ago, sbnwx85 said:

Round 2 dropped 0.52” of rain. 1.77” on the day. Doubt we beat Beryl but a good soaking again nevertheless.

Added 0.90” of rain last night. 24-hour total at 2.67”.

Last week my attempts at getting a storm both failed, then yesterday the MCS formed to my east in the afternoon - which I was happy about since I don't need the rain since Weds 60mm deluge. That was attempt #8 fail since early May. I had high pops too for Sunday and then evening's chances removed, followed by not a drop all night where I had 40% pops. Now I have same for later this morning for a few hours then all overnight Tues chances of "strong storm" which translates to "chance of rainshower".

It was a warm overnight 21C roughly. Very comfy humid wx. Other than Weds its been a wonderful wx streak!! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spartman said:

Now, all 90-degree highs have been dropped for the upcoming week. No more for the foreseeable future. Time to write off the rest of the month.

The real ridge sticks to the plains most of the time the last decade or so it seems.  At least in July and August.  

• Sad 1

Temps briefly peaked around 80 a couple times today when the Sun peeked out. Been a mostly cloudy day with some scattered shwrs/stms. Much more pleasant day than yesterday. Rest of the week looking rather reasonable like today. 75-80 with a scattered shwr/stm in the mix.  :) 

7 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Temp has crashed from 91 back down to 67, and the dew has dropped from 82 back down to 65.  Nearly an inch of rain so far and still pouring.

That looks very impressive on the radar and satellite. Hope it holds together enough to give me some measurable precipitation.

5 hours ago, Spartman said:

89'd 3 days in a row. What a joke. August, please.

You have had 8 days of 90+ this year according to your signature.  Stop complaining.  You have already surpassed 2014 and 2017 and it won't take much to match or exceed 2023.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Spartman said:

89'd 3 days in a row. What a joke. August, please.

Numerous major cities this season have been paralyzed by severe t'storms & tropical systems in what has been a historically exceptional, deadly and costly year for extreme weather.

Menawhile, to WestMichigan's point, you're busy in here going:

"nO 8-9, mE 90!!! UGgA bUgGa!!!"

1 hour ago, WestMichigan said:

You have had 8 days of 90+ this year according to your signature.  Stop complaining.  You have already surpassed 2014 and 2017 and it won't take much to match or exceed 2023.

dude is an absolute clown.

thought I saw someone on here mention once that he had been previously banned on another account.

5 convective complexes between Sat afternoon and Monday evening here. 3 garden variety and 2 severe. Over 10" of rain since astronomical summer began. Some totals over 13" up towards Rockford in that time period. Great run for us here. Of course half my garden has paid the price for it but at least it was top shelf convection? I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a more impressive ~30 day summer stretch I've experienced pretty much anywhere.

On 7/15/2024 at 8:01 AM, frostfern said:

The real ridge sticks to the plains most of the time the last decade or so it seems.  At least in July and August.  

not even close to that being the case this year. And even in the last decade, the big heat has had a tendency to center itself west of the Rockies.

coldplains.png

• Like 2