Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Sunday, June 30, 2024 Thunderstorm Thread

weatherwiz

18 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

As usual, the strongest part of the cell skipped north of us.  Heavy rain, some wind and lightning.  It’s amazing how consistently that occurs, where they move just north of me - about 75-85% of the time.

As usual for me they skip south, might be the theme of the summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

S coast has been winning this season. Well S of pike in general.  Maybe that cell in western mass makes it. Otherwise we water tomorrow. 
can’t complain with a good water month aftwr looking like stein. I think I have like 4.7 on month. 

Not complaining at all - just observing.  I’ll take the rain, it keeps things green for the sunny days.  We’ve been getting hit with the rain all month even when the most severe part of the storms move just north of me.

24 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

As usual, the strongest part of the cell skipped north of us.  Heavy rain, some wind and lightning.  It’s amazing how consistently that occurs, where they move just north of me - about 75-85% of the time.

No wind just heavy rain out here. Was pretty dark as the storms rolled through. A few loud claps of thunder along with a few flashes of lighting. 3/4 inch of rain.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Aside from two towns, quite the enhanced fail.

It’s like as soon as the Winter Storm Warning goes up, the next model suite is a scraper or the NAM drives sleet to CAR.  One or the other.

Just now, powderfreak said:

It’s like as soon as the Winter Storm Warning goes up, the next model suite is a scraper.

Even a general risk would have covered. In fairness the models were way more widespread, but I never felt it was enhanced worth. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even a general risk would have covered. In fairness the models were way more widespread, but I never felt it was enhanced worth. 

Take all enhanced risk with caution for sure in the NE.  Big events don’t grow on trees and we’ve seen two enhanced in like a week.  Classic cover your ass over warn?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Take all enhanced risk with caution for sure in the NE.  Big events don’t grow on trees and we’ve seen two enhanced in like a week.  Classic cover your ass over warn?

Maybe a reaction for downplaying Wednesday. I don’t know.