Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Sunday, June 30, 2024 Thunderstorm Thread

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, WhiteLawns said:

I think what I was referring to as outflow Is what you are calling anvil debris. The big areas of clouds coming out of the top and blowing north of the storms?

correct, anvil debris from the stuff which moved through and also the stuff west and southwest. Looking at latest satellite and mesoanalysis, we will destabilize enough for a second round but not enough for much of a severe threat except super localized 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Seems like the intense winds winds were very isolated this time.. About as meh as you can get with a storm here, though another 1"+ of rain.. MTD now over 7 inches. 

We went from drier than normal June to AN in about a week lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey boys, haven’t been on in months, but we got crushed with rain here. 3-4” in about an hour. Quite the line that came/is coming through CT.  Impressive in that regard. Flooding all over town. 

That's some heavy rain! Do you attribute this to global warming?

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

correct, anvil debris from the stuff which moved through and also the stuff west and southwest. Looking at latest satellite and mesoanalysis, we will destabilize enough for a second round but not enough for much of a severe threat except super localized 

Thanks for all the info you provide! I learn a lot!

• Like 1

Just now, LSC97wxnut said:

Near KOWD and it doesn't look like much on radar, but just saw an impressive CG strike to the northwest of me.

Here in Walpole, just south of Norwood (home of Brian Albert) saw flash and crack directly overhead....not much of a storm at all, but that was pretty cool. Onto round 2?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

As usual, the strongest part of the cell skipped north of us.  Heavy rain, some wind and lightning.  It’s amazing how consistently that occurs, where they move just north of me - about 75-85% of the time.

S coast has been winning this season. Well S of pike in general.  Maybe that cell in western mass makes it. Otherwise we water tomorrow. 
can’t complain with a good water month aftwr looking like stein. I think I have like 4.7 on month. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

As usual, the strongest part of the cell skipped north of us.  Heavy rain, some wind and lightning.  It’s amazing how consistently that occurs, where they move just north of me - about 75-85% of the time.

Seems to have gone south of me. Threaded the needle between us apparently.

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I can see the lightning to my south over Woodstock, just a little rain here, I've been missing lately.

We've gotten some heavy downpours this week.

1 minute ago, Nova737 said:

Seems to have gone south of me. Threaded the needle between us apparently.

They seem to move east from Warwick/Cranston, then jump just slightly north of me into Barrington, and then into Swansea.  Happens quite often then just moving straight east into Bristol.

We’re talking 10 miles, but it makes a difference!