• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

SE NJ always seems to be a hot spot for showers and T-storms.    

Random thunderstorms effecting that area again this morning. Unbelievable. I can’t even wet the ground and I’m closer to the storm 

56 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

And extreme southeast jersey 

The East End of Long Island is currently getting very heavy downpours with 1.50” estimated in the last hour. 

IMG_0653.thumb.jpeg.06c5b113b47a007b57ee5472a2b07885.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg.81316d8695bc89c791134779525243e6.jpeg

• Like 1

78 / 65.  Cut of low spinning a low into SNE with  a backing in clouds/ showers. Heaviest amounts to LI.  Low - mid 80s , where clearing occurs.   Low lifts out before a warm front / boundary approaching from the west Tue - Wed.  Warmer but showers and clouds should keep most location in the 80s with storms scattered on Tue (7/30) and more widespread Wed (7/31).  Hotter by Thu and into the weekend with next heatwave with storm chances  Fri - Sun and potential Debby swinging up offshsore the coast 8/5 - 8/7.   Beyond there continued overall warm / hot and humid with storms chances.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Random thunderstorms effecting that area again this morning. Unbelievable. I can’t even wet the ground and I’m closer to the storm 

Like you said, we really need rain. I've been having to water a lot lately. Unfortunately it appears that there won't be widespread activity this week. A few pop ups this afternoon, and tomorrow afternoon most of the activity stays well to the west. Our best chance this week looks like late Tuesday night. Wednesday has been advertised as a stormier day, but much like last week I don't think that's gonna work out. I hope we get lucky with some downpours at some point this week, but I'm not very confident right now. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Like you said, we really need rain. I've been having to water a lot lately. Unfortunately it appears that there won't be widespread activity this week. A few pop ups this afternoon, and tomorrow afternoon most of the activity stays well to the west. Our best chance this week looks like late Tuesday night. Wednesday has been advertised as a stormier day, but much like last week I don't think that's gonna work out. I hope we get lucky with some downpours at some point this week, but I'm not very confident right now. 

At least we'll have lots of heat and humidity later this week ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

the 12z 3K NAM-has nothing over eastern LI yet it's pouring

That’s pretty much to be expected from the NAM since it hasn’t been upgraded since March 2017. Over 3.00” now on Eastern LI. This is where the signal for the heaviest rains have been from most models since its closest to the subtropical low.

NAM development was frozen after the March 2017 upgrade, and RAP/HRRR development with the WRF-ARW model will cease after the RAPv5/HRRRv4 upgrade in 2020. However, operational execution of these modeling and associated DA systems will continue until comparable FV3-based systems are able to give similar performance.

IMG_0656.thumb.jpeg.82dd8d58fc4e36430d15e2f420e6819b.jpeg

30 minutes ago, bluewave said:

That’s pretty much to be expected from the NAM since it hasn’t been upgraded since March 2017. Over 3.00” now on Eastern LI. This is where the signal for the heaviest rains have been from most models since its closest to the subtropical low.

NAM development was frozen after the March 2017 upgrade, and RAP/HRRR development with the WRF-ARW model will cease after the RAPv5/HRRRv4 upgrade in 2020. However, operational execution of these modeling and associated DA systems will continue until comparable FV3-based systems are able to give similar performance.

IMG_0656.thumb.jpeg.82dd8d58fc4e36430d15e2f420e6819b.jpeg

Is there a timeframe for retirement of the NAM?  I thought it was suppose to be this year originally but haven’t seen anything since.  I recall there was some slide from a NOAA presentation on model implementation & upgrades that showed it a few years ago.

4 hours ago, uofmiami said:

Is there a timeframe for retirement of the NAM?  I thought it was suppose to be this year originally but haven’t seen anything since.  I recall there was some slide from a NOAA presentation on model implementation & upgrades that showed it a few years ago.

Maybe as soon as next spring? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Syosset area getting pounded. There should probably be a flood advisory there. Edit-just saw it lol. 

Yes, my house is getting slammed at the moment.  Almost 1.50" of rain in little time, currently 1.43" and going up.  Gusted to 43mph as well.  Meanwhile my mom in Muttontown, 3 miles W, only .08 so far.

Up to 1.72" now at 2:35pm!  Wife says Split Rock Road is a river with lots of flooding.

rain.png.19df6945822e781d9b7542bc02eb43da.pngwind.png.69f0fc30609c29a846e9fd905503b32e.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Completely missed the rain again here today. Didn’t even get cloudy for very long 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yea more than 4.5” for the month now, definitely has been a wetter July than years past. We will end up AN rainfall for the month on the north shore 

You have me beat by more than an inch. I passed the 3” mark this morning.

0.40” so far today. Nearly all of it coming in the early morning hours. Afternoon stuff has been a miss.