• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

6 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Missed to my northwest and now they are blowing up to my east.   Sucks.

The most widespread activity is supposed to be way later. HRRR has it around 8 to 9pm. Hopefully the majority of the area will get hit then. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

The most widespread activity is supposed to be way later. HRRR has it around 8 to 9pm. Hopefully the majority of the area will get hit then. 

Hate that we have to play the waiting game and see if the radar lights up as the evening goes on. At least the conditions are there. Just need a nice soaker with some good thunder. Will pass on damaging winds and hail. I did well on Sunday afternoon and got in on one last night on northern end of that line so it might be my area's turn for the miss today.

Areas north of the city look like they will get multiple lines.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

Video of the Ambrose jet yesterday cranking along Long Beach

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9hsHPNxlbs/?igsh=MTJzNmtkMzloZ3h1YQ==

Great video. That was actually from the severe storm in the evening. I was on the beach for a storm like that about 20 years and got sandblasted heading home. Thanks for posting as it was only a few blocks away from where I used to go to the beach.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

As usual storm blew up north and east of rockland:lmao:

Torrential rain here with lots of thunder/lightning...bit of wind. Just to the north by Carmel town hall looks like they got smoked based off radar.

43 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Great video. That was actually from the severe storm in the evening. I was on the beach for a storm like that about 20 years and got sandblasted heading home. Thanks for posting as it was only a few blocks away from where I used to go to the beach.

Wow that was crazy and one of the more impressive T-storm wind events you’ll see there. Especially since the heart of that storm stayed off the beach, must have been outflow driven? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Wow that was crazy and one of the more impressive T-storm wind events you’ll see there. Especially since the heart of that storm stayed off the beach, must have been outflow driven? 

Yeah, they were on the northern edge and got the strong outflow.

IMG_0532.png.6641d31857abab79866e2d10e2ffe13c.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sn0w said:

Torrential rain here with lots of thunder/lightning...bit of wind. Just to the north by Carmel town hall looks like they got smoked based off radar.

1 mile S it was fun, .8 in less than 10 minutes. The HWY Dept station across the street from town hall had 1.2. The wind was good and definitely swirled around but it looks like there may have been a tornado about 3 or 4 miles N of me.

6 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

I was amazed that meteors can cause a loud rumble.  I was outside when the meteor passed overhead.  I originally thought it was some type of military maneuver...

"Additionally, the agency notes that on Tuesday morning, at the time of the fireball sighting, there were reports of "military activity in the vicinity," saying that "would explain the multiple shakings and sounds reported to the media."

The loud noise and apparent shaking were reported from southern New Jersey to parts of Queens and Brooklyn, according to NYC Emergency Management (NYCEM)."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/daylight-fireball-meteor-rattled-parts-new-york-city/story?id=112006023

Temperatures soared into the 90s across many parts of the Middle Atlantic region today. High temperatures included:

Baltimore: 100°
New York City: 90°
Newark: 91°
Philadelphia: 95°
Washington, DC: 101°

Baltimore and Washington, DC both recorded their record-tying fourth consecutive 100° or above days.

Somewhat cooler air will arrive overnight and tomorrow following showers and thunderstorms. Nevertheless, temperatures will generally run somewhat above normal through the remainder of the week and weekend.

The latest summer guidance continues to suggest a warmer to much warmer than normal summer lies ahead.  

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -0.2°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was 0.3°C for the week centered around July 10. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged -0.47°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.23°C. Neutral ENSO conditions will likely evolve into a La Niña event during the late summer or early fall.

The SOI was -25.30 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.279 today.

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 90% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal July (1991-2020 normal). July will likely finish with a mean temperature near 80.2° (2.7° above normal). That would tie 2024 with 2011 as the 6th hottest July on record.